Windows 7

Problems? Post here...
Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Windows 7

Post by Still_Learning »

Anyone tried it out yet? Think i might.. I know its just a beefed up vista version but i dunno.. im going to take a look at it. I found a really good Windows 7 Ultimate version if anyone is interested.
Gone

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

as a rule of thumb I'll wait a while for the public to work out the intial bugs first before switching over. Still on XPsp2

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Im not running a server or anything important on my windows PC , so think i will try it out, i will let you know how it is when i am posting from windows 7 later :lol: i currently also am staying with a modded XP SP2, and debian/KDE
Gone

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

imo sl

dont touch it,it probly isnt worth your time,all you want is a working computer right? dont touch it is my advise

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Maybe whatever does not work, i can fix.

If i want, dunno i guess i cant say anything until i start posting from windows 7

I see no reason to not try the newest software out if you can

ive got 2 pc's so it aint no thing.. , oh and back ups complete, format time
Last edited by Still_Learning on 31 Dec 2008, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
Gone

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Can you hit me up with a PM and lets talk about that Windows 7 :twisted:

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Pardon my ignorance, but whats the difference between vista and windows 7 anyway?
-Joie

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Windows 7 i guess is the future of MS
Last edited by Still_Learning on 01 Jan 2009, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Gone

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

my anaylsis on windows 7

I see it has some useful features and what not , the installation was horrible allthough it formats quicker then any OS or program I have ever seen. Its like as soon as you click on format it is done during setup. I DO think that MS will be useing this software as well as alot of big companys and everyone that gets a new computer that does not have a choice or know how to change the OS.

My complaints: is it was kind of hard to install, internet did not work had to config a bunch of crap for the system to work. If it had the cube thing like ubuntu then i may consider it being ok or pretty cool. Right now Ubuntu is looking alot nicer then Windows 7, have not tried to install too many apps yet , maybe it will become horrible then i will post an update
Gone

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Still_Learning wrote:my anaylsis on windows 7

My complaints: is it was kind of hard to install, internet did not work had to config a bunch of crap for the system to work. If it had the cube thing like ubuntu then i may consider it being ok or pretty cool. Right now Ubuntu is looking alot nicer then Windows 7, have not tried to install too many apps yet , maybe it will become horrible then i will post an update
Dont you think that ALL of these bugs will be gone with the final distribuable version of Windows 7?
-Joie

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

ok maybe ill let you in on something sl

and whoever said it was the future of ms,i disagree

to be honest i think its the doom of ms
after my "vista experiance" i will probly not buy anothe rms product unless i must

i have just spend 32 hours fucking around with my laptop hdd,backing up shit etc

now i goto reformat it and earlier while copying files i get "cyclic redundance check" or something anyways

im at 67% throught reformatting so i can install xp.it just hangs and doesnt go past there,so i cancel and then try again,gets to 64% and again hangs

so my hdd is absolutly fucked

and guess what,i would never have broke my laptop,and forked out 250 bucks to get it repaired,i would never have ended up with a loss of 120 gig of data,including a major 0day i wish i had still,i lost alot of valuable shit that time,then this time i would not have a corrupted drive if ms didnt fucking make this bs vista crap

let me just say,i have never had any problems with xp that "just came with it"

ive never had as many problems untill i came across vista

so pls sl,take my word,dont touch it unless u want constant trouble with your comp

i have every version of vista,but i wont even dl or even consider that windows 7

anyways its ur problem if anything gopes wrong,so up to u man,but i can garuntee u id rather take a blow torch across my neck than test windows seven<maybe an exageration,but only a bit

nyways only my advice

ms has failed bigtime,and they are gunna top it off with windows seven i think

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Those who judge Windows 7 before its final release, obviously wasn't around when ME was released, and then XP finally came.

ME sucked big time, but XP was a good OS, and has been around for some time now, and is still a very good OS even after the release of Vista.

Seriously, doesn't any bells ring anywhere when you know that Vista sucks, and Windows 7 is coming soon? ^^

ME ~ Vista
Windows 7 ~ XP

I have very high expectations on Windows 7, and I hope it will be a great OS :) I made a video before on Windows 7, but it got corrupted and I was to lazy to remake it, but I'll remake it when I have reinstalled my box in a few weeks ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

I dont understand tho... Why does ms releases a new OS so soon after the release of vista? Isn't there normally a 4-5 years of waiting in between?
-Joie

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I see MS as different departments
you got coders and their respective marketing dept working on different levels of MS products, WAP, server OS, desktop OS, and applications. Even the desktop versions can have differences, noobie-safe-dumbed-down OS or the Professional-Leet graphic designer/gamer.
I guess Bill Gates has enough sense to allow his own internal depts compete against one another, despite the drawbacks of confusion by the public about his brand MS.

just my POV.

Just in:
Windows 7 beta washes up on Pirate Bay
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/02 ... bittorrent
The software giant has been keen to draw a line under its unloved Vista OS. At launch the firm failed to provide fully compatible drivers for a range of hardware devices
This time round MS is telling partners to test drive the new OS at the earliest possible opportunity, so the fact that the beta has leaked on to the interwebs won’t concern Microsoft much

Meanwhile, the official release of the Windows 7 beta isn’t expected to happen until mid-January at Microsoft’s MSDN developers’ shindig
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Its actully been ok so far, theres some features I do not know about yet and need to keep messing around with it more. I file system is a little weird right now also, like trying to copy and paste from diffrent directorys. Its like they want you to drag n drop it or im not doing something right.

They have fixed the driver situation though, it was just as smooth or smoother then Ubuntu for driver installations. They even have a send feedback button to tell MS what you want them to change or dont like.
Gone