oDesk

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

oDesk

Post by Still_Learning »

Has anyone tried this out? what are your opinions on it? Its like rent a coder, or guru and you work from home. I read reviews and they seem to pay out and have a good reputation. The only thing is some people on there from India, Phillipines and such charging only 2 or 3$ an hour, but on the flipside would be good for someone wanting to hire a person to do some task you dont want to have to do for very cheap. You can even do stuff like data entry for 10$-15$ an hour and have skill tests. Pick your own hours, ect..
Gone

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

A link would help alot but i will provide it for you http://www.odesk.com/w/
:)

Now back on topic, i have never heard of it but sounds great. I found a review on it so here it is

"Re: any legit home-based work out there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this site, odesk.com. You sign up, it's free of course, and submit your profile. It's a pretty serious site. The profiles are basically for buyers (job sumbmitters) to see what you are all about. You have to take an odesk ready test before applying for jobs. It's just to make sure you know the program.
There are hundreds of optional tests to take and when you pass, put them on your profile so you look pretty good to the employer. There are different types of work to choose from and they send you email of the jobs available. I just signed up and some of the jobs look interesting."

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I've allready signed up and took tests. Just have not applied to anything yet, I wanted to see if anyones tried it yet. I guess I will do it first then if no one else has used it and I will let you know how it works out. Freelance work from home sounds great, and I know theres some great programmers on suck-o, maybe some will want to make some extra money in their spare time. You set your hourly pay.
Gone

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I make more money in a few days freelancing than I do in two weeks at work. I just need to job so I have a consistent income, as freelancing is not a consistent income.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Big-E, check out the site. Thats exactly what it does, its like the ebay of programmers and websign freelancing, you put how much money you want, and can get consistant freelancing work. Theres tons of people that are hiring for jobs on there to do freelance work (worldwide) Guarenteed paid every wends by paypal, check, wiretransfer, ect..
Gone

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

i cant pass the test :)

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

the first one? the one that asks you what the rules of the site are and how you get paid? lol its easy they give you a link to the answer under each question..
Gone

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

Yup, but this is mo for you 8O

thomasfrick

Re: oDesk

Post by thomasfrick »

Please do not re-open dead topics and post random questions

//Mod

we will see how that works out...