Anyone think mac will eventually be more used than PC's?

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
f4Gg0t_43
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Anyone think mac will eventually be more used than PC's?

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

Why or why not?

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Um...

Post by lilrofl »

No, maybe I'm biased against MAC, but that's alright I think. It seems to me that MAC won a lot of love with the Ipod, and that love has carried them farther then I would expect. People are just happy with them, despite the release of some lemons (Iphone to name one) People don't seem to want to look at the product, the fact that it has "I" in front of a word is enough.

Perhaps people are fed up with Windows, and I can't blame them really... but I think that MAC will wear out it's welcome also, and people will look for a community rather then a supplier... Linux is the future.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, I also think Mac and MS have missed the last train to the future, their monolithic OSs are the dinosaurs of IT. MS made a half-assed attempt with relasing different Vista versions, but they failed because it was more a marketing strategy than a step towards the needs of the end-users.

the OSs of the future will (must) be highly specialized but also highly extendable at the same time, and this is where Linux is king. the only reason why Linux is still behind are copyright issues in context with media codecs and because hardware manufacturers still are bitchy about supplying the source of their drivers....but the bad sales for Vista already caused a change and more and more manufacturers discover Linux users as target group, a lot of wlan NIC manufacturers for example provided the source of their drivers for example last year.

Apple is a lot about attitude, but if you take a closer look they are not really different from MS when it's about copyrights and open source. they made a big mistake by annoying the Linux community, in the past Mac was kinda tolerated as "kinda commercial Linux" and in case of technical problems the Linux developers even helped out....but Apple gave nothing back, you can find LOADS of report from Linux users that have problems with Apple products like the Darwin Streaming Server, support from Apple: non existant.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I agree with bb's take - the computer has evolved toward open-source software. Mac and PC is not just software, it is also hardware - so its more of how hardware makers are going to lead the changes in OS.

I still think Windows will stick around, - the world is not like you and I. The world is full of dumbasses that still don't know what happens to email when you hit "send". They will need the easiest, dumbed down OS, so if windows outdumbs Apple, and comes out with a decent PnP OS - they'll make it.

I still use Windows because it is what my 'customers' use, it is what is used at my job, at cafes, and most computers I touch. You have to know how something works to command it, so its not a matter of choice, but circumstance.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

i own a mac and i own a pc so i think i can safely say mac will over take MS. sure their bout the same, "do you agree to blah blah blah" whatever. thats just them covering their own ass. but the brass task of it is mac can run unix and linux programs if you need it to....can windows? no.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]