newb in need

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
michoacano14

newb in need

Post by michoacano14 »

my aunties computer got hacket, well i think cause the compuer crashes everytime i hook it up to the net, and when i dont it workws jus great.. or does anyone know what wron wit it..pls help
pm me if needed!

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

download process explorer and see what is running on the pc

what kind of error does it give you once it is connected to the internet?
what makes you think it is hacked?
Gone

visser

Post by visser »

start running some virus scans. anybody can do them and those may fix some of the problems for you

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, full system scan with a decent AV like Kaspersky (30 day trial available on their site, fully functional), maybe an additional scan with Spybot.
then checking the autostart objects via start->run->msconfig and by using ProcessExplorer, also opened ports with TCPView (both can be found in our downloads)... :wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

This would be fine to download and scan but as michoacano14 says, as soon as he connects to the internet the pc freezes. I doubt he will have time to download and update before the system crashes.

Download from another pc CCleaner first. Use this program and try to boot into safemode with networking and try to update AV. Also make sure you have a FW installed.

Other free software i recommend is
spybot search and destroy
Adaware se personal

I also recommend using comodo AV and FW but i would still use the 30 day kaspersky trial first :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

also consider, what if he has a lousy ISP connection, the freeze could be a lost internet connection.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

computathug wrote:This would be fine to download and scan but as michoacano14 says, as soon as he connects to the internet the pc freezes.
well, he must have at least 1 PC with a working connection, else his post wouldn't be here, so he can dl it and burn it to CD for example....you can call me "Mr. Spock" from now on... :lol:

but ok, to avoid huge downloads and for a quick check the output of Hijackthis would be the best option:
http://dl26.chip.de/download/3e9d639da2 ... all202.exe

best copy&paste the logfile on http://code.suck-o.com and post the link here...
:wink: