Indian Supreme Court Hold Blogger liable wtf !!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Indian Supreme Court Hold Blogger liable wtf !!

Post by DrVirus »

The recent developments apart from the terror attacks India has seen now includes an idiotic (in my opinion) decision by the Supreme Court. It rules that a blogger will be held liable for the comments his/her post will attract. Even if it's completely against what he/she tried to implicate.

I mean this is outrageous. How the hell can they judge something like that. What the hell gives them the jurisdiction. First of all I am not so certain about how much power any Country Court can have over the internet. I mean for example, I say I am an Indian , I join a german site and post something about the USA and the guy I post about files a case. So who's jurisdiction is it ? USA ? Germany or India ?

The internet has long been a parallel world with the real one. But it's nature and course of actions are completely different from the real one. THen how the hell can the laws of the real world apply to this one ? It can't. Or maybe they would want to press murder charges against me for killing all those terrorist in online Counter Strike. Maybe someone should file a rape charge against a guy who had forced cyber sex with another.

I can't understand the logic of these people. If anyone does, please do explain them to me. And don't worry I am the one who has the possibility of being sued.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

wow, what a "great" law....that puts the IT laws in India on the same stupidity level as the german ones... :lol: :roll:

in germany you are responsible for EVERYTHING as site owner...if you have warez on your site to download you are responsible, that is understandable, but I would also be breaking the laws (copyright violation) if there is just a link to a site that has warez to offer on my site (not a link to the warez itself, just to the site!).
additionally I am responsible for ALL comments and posts on the site.....if I wanted to stay 100% on the "can't be ever sued" side I would have to sit here with a law code book and check every post, or better submit every post to my lawyer that checks it for me before it goes online.... :roll:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

my comments

Indian government can kiss my ass and lick my balls..

haha b_b you are responsible, indian government is after you, as according to indian government, you are responsible for comments on your site :P

*pseudo runs and deletes his blog, so that b_b cant take revenge

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

*prints out all logs to supply the Indian government with pseudo's connection data*
best post some more stuff of that kind, will increase the reward I'll get for you... :lol: :P

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

it can be the same in the USA as well. But results vary : i.e. the older lady that spoofed being a teen lover, resulting in a teen suicide. Paris hilton sex videos.

Also laws applied in India, may not be accepted elsewhere in exact detail - for example, india gov. will not send a warrant to germany for BB hosting YOUR post "yadayada lick my balls, etc, etc"

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Exactly my point. They can't. Because they have no jurisdiction. They are not supposed have any. How can any court have any jurisdiction over the internet. THEY FUCIKIN CAN'T.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

there, now you got the second point:
"question authority"

Government intrusion on the internet has not done much to protect its users. With variations on copyright, and user privacy rights, each government has its own agenda. Since the internet is a control point to a country's people - governments do not want others to see how they monitor and control their people.
Nigeria's gov lax prosecutions on online scammers (419) is obvious - the profit gained by theives spending stolen money in-country is worth more than public image - or outside gov pressures.

Protection of internet users is much left up to every man for himself. A hacker's goal is to understand how local and WAN is controlled in their country and others.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

DNR wrote:
Government intrusion on the internet has not done much to protect its users. With variations on copyright, and user privacy rights, each government has its own agenda. Since the internet is a control point to a country's people - governments do not want others to see how they monitor and control their people.
DNR
See that's the thing. All the government wants no matter from what country is to control. That's it. Anything and everything must be controlled. If they had their way hell they might even try to create borders on the net like real world for crying out loud !!
Breaking the world up in pieces didn't work in the real world and it has no possibility of working out in the virtual world either. Internet was meant to be free. At least on the speech part. Not with hidden condition in small font at the end attached to it. Truely and completely free. It's not.