What advice can you give a first time phone buyer?

Phone stuff....
Grombo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

What advice can you give a first time phone buyer?

Post by Grombo »

I'm looking to purchase my first phone but i have very little knowledge of phones, i've been checking out the nokia n96 particularily and i really like it.

i intend to use the phone obviously for calls, text, taking pictures some video and as an mp3 player.
those are my requirements, but i dont want to make the wrong decision, what advice can you give me, buying my first phone?
[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7766/impracticalskillslw4.gif[/img]

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

well grombo in my opinion the N-series category is a good choice.
My first phone was the N70, next i had the N73, and now i have the n95 black edition. i simply describe my experience with the N-series phones as wonderful.
Now coming to your concerns, the first important thing to consider is the budget... N96 is quit expensive, but it has all the options that one would ask for, memory, and camera. One thing that i dont like about the phone is the fact its processor is slower than the N95 black edition.
Other than N-series you have the:
5800 x-press music
N79
N97 (if budget available)
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I am not a cell phone freak, but all my cell phones were Nokia ones...once a Nokia always a Nokia, simply because the menu organization is very userfriendly, and when you are used to one Nokia you can use the next one out of the box without those "um, where is the button to do this"-moments.

but ok, the one I really would love to get as xmas present is the Open Moko phone, but it's more for Linux freaks and not stable enough for unproblematic everyday use, at least not all functions (like WLAN) are not really working reliable yet.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

bad_brain wrote:...once a Nokia always a Nokia,
well bad brain, i dont really agree with this, its how much you need the phone and its options. I was able to work with the i-phone after i had several nokias, i wanted the i-mate coz it had windows mobile OS, and i needed this to install medical applications ( my feild )...
so its up to the user to get used to the menu 8)
any way, yeah if there is no need, once you get used o a phone, ull love it, and wanna stick to it only :lol:
any way Grombo, let us know what u chose :wink:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com