online visual traceroute/IP lookup tool

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

online visual traceroute/IP lookup tool

Post by DNR »

online visual traceroute/lookup of IP numbers:

I had to look up a scumbag trying to work a 419 on me:
http://www.utrace.de/ip-adresse/41.21.214.91
'engrish' version

http://en.utrace.de/

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

pretty close, it displayed the next big city which is about 10km away... :-k

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Hit my town perfectly :D

*bookmarked*

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Just to be contrary

Post by lilrofl »

It says I'm in France... which I am not. Cute page though, it worked for everyone else I sent it to lol.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

well, at least it was the right city ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

It got my city right. There's another city with the same name as mine, so they have the wrong state... still pretty cool though :P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

well also consider where your ISP hooks on to the actual internet.
My work IP hits Farmington - but it makes sense because the IT center for all the hospitals is there. What it is, is from my hospital I get on the intranet and it routes me to Farmington where it gets on the Internet.

I bet at home, when I use my V3 phone modem, its going to route to Verizon's HQ before getting on the internet - thus it will also have the wrong location for my home.

for lilrofl
netname: SEAMOBILE-NET
descr: SEAMOBILE EUROPE --> i-DIRECT SERVICE
the same thing is happening - his internet connection is routed out of France, so the tracert ends there...

I guess what would be ideal is a database from each ISP showing what areas those IP are served..but then you might as well get a name, address, phone, etc...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Straight bitchinen man~!

I used something like this when I received an email from this DICK that wanted to talk some shit. After tracing his ip-address I used Google maps, took a screen shot and emailed him back a picture of his house.

Nice DNR.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

floodhound2 wrote:Straight bitchinen man~!

I used something like this when I received an email from this DICK that wanted to talk some shit. After tracing his ip-address I used Google maps, took a screen shot and emailed him back a picture of his house.

Nice DNR.
Depending on where the map is located doesn't mean this is the place the person lives. This might be the plce the exchange takes place before reaching your ip. What i mean is there is more chance of it pointing to the green box located at either your house or it maybe 2 streets away or maybe the other side of town. I once thought this was possible to but after reasearching local ip's some diverted me to the same place and if i checked up on it, there was usuall a little green box at the end of the street where all the connections take place, at least in the uk any way, but there again i was also checking cable connections which may differ from dsl.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

DNR wrote: for lilrofl
netname: SEAMOBILE-NET
descr: SEAMOBILE EUROPE --> i-DIRECT SERVICE
the same thing is happening - his internet connection is routed out of France, so the tracert ends there...
DNR
Funny thing really, when I signed up for this interwebs stuph my trace-route terminated in Italy, and every time I went anywhere it gave me a page in Italian that I could not read... now it says I'm in France and turning all my pages into... well French, which I can not read either.

I know, cookie cookie cookie, but I don't mind clicking the American Flag to get a reload in English... it's just funny is all because I'm not in America either... the mind boggles.

eppik
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by eppik »

floodhound2 wrote:Straight bitchinen man~!

Nice DNR.
If it was right i'd pay to have a look at his face :D

demonz

Post by demonz »

worked perfectly ***bookmarked for future reference***

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

as much as I liked it, it didn't work for me,
IP Address: 70.212.89.11
United States Columbus Cellco Partnership
Dba Verizon Wireless
NetRange: 70.192.0.0 - 70.223.255.255
CIDR: 70.192.0.0/11
NetName: WIRELESSDATANETWORK
NetHandle: NET-70-192-0-0-1
Parent: NET-70-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: CARKDNS.VZWDOMAIN.COM
NameServer: NJBRDNS.VZWDOMAIN.COM

This ends up in Columbus, ohio about 259 miles away from me.
Once you reach a private network, like Verizon - the trace ends at their firewall/gateway. Email services can produce the same false result, example ziplip.com email sent from my computer would end up with ziplip.com's Headquarter's IP in the header, it was their private, propriety way of handling messages. Try it with gmail or hotmail, and they will more likely expose your actual IP, as they handle the email in a true SMTP..

DNR
-