i need emails addresses

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
extreme76
forum buddy
forum buddy

i need emails addresses

Post by extreme76 »

hi guys is there any software or scripts available for me to obtain email addresses off a particular forum?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

do you mean from the site content or from the user database?

extreme76
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by extreme76 »

user database if possible sir :)
basically its a forum with 4000 users i need their emails so i contact them and inform them of my forum which is similar :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

sam spade (samspade.org) has a webcrawler, you can point to a URL and spec it to collect only email addys..

BTW, sounds like unsolicted email, don't do that here, its called SPAM!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Wrong category, moved
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

extreme76
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by extreme76 »

DNR wrote:sam spade (samspade.org) has a webcrawler, you can point to a URL and spec it to collect only email addys..

BTW, sounds like unsolicted email, don't do that here, its called SPAM!

DNR
thanks mate i would'nt exactly class it as spam im not offering them aload of ads etc i just want to alert the members about my site instead of pm'ing each one thanks for the link mate but all i see on there is a box for who is info is that right?

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

SPAM is any email received that you didn't give permission to receive.

You will be spamming, and there is now hefty fines for spammers. And thank god for that, because I'm content with my penis and able to get it on when it`s applicable.

If you are just sending out emails to alert them about your site, chances are you will fail. First and foremost, that`s taking the "easy route" and building a forum is probably one of the hardest sites to build. Good luck, but I doubt you have it in you.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, why not writing on their boards and saying "hello, may I introduce my site?"... :lol:

usually I wouldn't answer such a question, spam sucks, no matter who sends it...but in this case I can answer you because:
nope, there is no such program, you would have to learn how to find/use exploits.....and even then I still highly recommend to stay away from it, with your limited knowledge (no offense :wink: ) the risk for getting into trouble would be too high, not worth it just for a bunch of email addresses... :wink:

so as I said at the start, do it the real way, to succeed in the long run (your site I mean) there is no other option anyway imo... :wink: