Booting DOS, Without.....

Problems? Post here...
Nuh
forum buddy
forum buddy

Booting DOS, Without.....

Post by Nuh »

Fellows, is there any posible way to Boot the machine in DOS mode without loading the windows.
Note: I don't have access to CD,Floppy,USB.

In Short, Its a Hacky Thing 8)
I want to Reset Admin Pass and i got a dos tool. :twisted:

If there is any other posible way, do tell me.

Thanks in Advance.
Reagrds,
Nuh.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I see you want to delete or grab the Admin's SAM, which is protected by the running Windows OS.. Usually you would use BT (or a nux OS) to delete or copy the SAM - without starting up the window OS. But you say you have no disk, no USB..

as the computer boots up, you can hit F8 to get the boot menu - you'll select the one for command prompt only. I haven't tried it, but I haven't heard of this working - no one has written about it - you might not be able to mess with the SAM even in DOS (it is windows OS)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Nuh
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Nuh »

NA, Its Win XP, I Can't use F8 key.
Its based on NTVDM i guess so no "Command promp only in Boot menu"

DNR one thing more, I was searching for a portable Cain & Abel.
Its a bit lenghty way to make it so. (Some Disassembling thing and over-writing of some files etc...)
It will be good if you make a look at that.

I know i'm refering to another topic, But its Need of the hour. :cry:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

hmm nice
The NT Virtual DOS Machine (a.k.a WOW, or Windows on Windows), is a Win16 subsystem that runs under Windows NT, which allows 16-bit applications to run as if they were being executed on a DOS machine, with that machine's multitasking and segmented memory model.

Because the system is multitasked 16-bit DOS and Windows applications cannot crash NT. However, 16-bit apps within a Win16 subsystem run the exact same way as they do on a DOS/Win 3.x machine; therefore, 16-bit apps within the subsystem can crash one another, or the subsystem. To prevent this, you can launch multiple WOW subsystems as long as your program does not communicate using shared memory.

Windows NT will not allow NTVDM to execute instructions that try to directly manipulate hardware or memory locations. As a result, some DOS and Windows 3.x applications (such as games) may not run under Windows NT.

try running sysedit.exe, or get to command prompt and run edit.com, you can delete or disable NTVDM.. The NTVDM can be stopped under the taskman.

I am guessing your computer is a part of a LAN..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.