Wireless Access

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Wireless Access

Post by visser »

OK, so this is an interesting question I believe. What I want to do is to take one computer that has a wireless conection and i want it to forward that wirless conection to a switch that has a connection to a bunch of computers.

so in theory.... I would connect one computer to a wirless conection and then to a switch that has a few other computers connected to it. This would in turn give all of the computers internet. I just want to be able to plug a computer into that switch and have it get an ip adress and internet access. The router that gives out the actual wireless is the standard home wireless router that you can pick up at best buy for like 40 dollars.

what is this called that im trying to do here and what do i need to do it...

thanks for all of your help!

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

enable "sharing" on the computer that has the wifi connection, the other computers will 'share' the connection of that one.

see "allow others to share internet", it is almost as simple as checking the box in Network Connections, properties..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

sounds like a plan
we'll try it today most likely :P
\"Submit or Fight\"