Wireless questions

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
nunomer
forum buddy
forum buddy

Wireless questions

Post by nunomer »

Hi suck-o. i have some questions about wireless cracking.

i have intel wireless pro 3945ABG (supports 802.11)

:arrow: whats the most appropriate operating system to crack a network?

:arrow: if there is a low signal (1 of 5) thats a problem?

:arrow: is my card able/compatible to do the "job"?

i made many searches on google but all the opinions are different.

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

good sir im researching the very topic as i type this. You have come to the right place :P here is some links that you will want to use:

this is the program you will want to use to do all of your nasty business:
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php

a big thing with aircrack is to make sure that you have the correct card and drivers installed. here is a big thing about all of the drivers that you will want:
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=install_drivers
and another bit of info on what works and what doesnt:
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id= ... ty_drivers

here is a good tut to start on. the guy who writes this post has the best links to start off of. **the writer of this tut is using Backtrack when he does this crack**:
http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063

now the big thing is what OS are you using. Linux is by far the best way to go. "bactrack 4" being the best place to start with all of this:
http://remote-exploit.org/

signal doesnt matter to much... ull see what it all does when you go through those tutorials and such

let us know if there is anything else u need eh?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

depends on the tool you'd want to use. Some tools are for windows - but the best need linux. Windows just has inherent flaws that do not allow you to 'easily' place your wifi card in sniffing mode.Intel does not offer drivers for this mode either. Open source software like Ubuntu allows you to find and tweak drivers for your card..
The Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network adapter is a relatively new network interface that is being put into currently manufactured laptops, especially ThinkPads. The driver that comes with the adapter from Intel does not support adapter promiscuous (monitor) mode and packet injecting and needs to be updated
....When searching web, you can find information about endless number of drivers for the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG adapter, such as mac80211, IEEE80211, ipwraw, iwl3945, ipw3945, iwlwifi, madwifi, serialmonkey driver, driver from tinyshell.be, wildpacket driver, and many others. Installing and/or patching them may not be very easy.
Have fun wardriving!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

As you can see DNR mentions ubuntu. You should try linux as a second OS and something to get familiar with.

To start off though why not try a live cd to get to grips with what the system has to offer. For something like wardriving/pentesting, try backtrack3/4. All you have to do is insert the disc and boot from it. The rest is self explanable but if you have any problems linux side then you can post and you will get the help you need.

Keep going, it will come :wink:
Last edited by computathug on 06 Apr 2009, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.

nunomer
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by nunomer »

ok buddies thank you very much for the useful information!! :D

i read you links and your posts and are really very useful. i will install linux backtrack 4

see you in the linux section...

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

nunomer wrote:ok buddies thank you very much for the useful information!! :D

i read you links and your posts and are really very useful. i will install linux backtrack 4

see you in the linux section...

I run a Vista, Backtrack 4 dual boot on my machine.

Although BT4 is still beta its quite a stable release. Its the first release that has synaptic built in as it is based off of Ubuntu 8.10 which gives it more of a desktop replacement aspect.

Tuff part about the install is if u install almost any GNOME packages and reboot backtrack it all the sudden thinks its Ubuntu. Im still working on gettin to the bottom of that, but for what u want to accomplish the live CD will work lovely. If you need any help with the tools in Backtrack let me know :P
\"Submit or Fight\"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

There's a lot of information in here that could be helpful to lots of people ^_^.
I'm certainly interested in wardriving, so i say sticky :P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

actually this might have already been covered in another thread - this is the stuff that is going to go in to my Wifi/wardriving/warspying tuts :P

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

yes your card is compatible for injection

same as my card , on BT3 modprobe -r iwl3945

modprobe ipwraw

airmon-ng start wifi0

you are ready for cracking

on BT4 airmon-ng start wlan0

then new interfece called mon0 is ready for injection

neo22

If u crack SpeedTouch

Post by neo22 »

SpeedTouch wpa crack
SpeedTouch routers are very easy to hack. You most go to the website and fill in the SSID. For Example if the SSID is SpeedTouch36BDF3, then you most write down only this 36BDF3. Then you will get the wpa key.

http://www.nickkusters.com/SpeedTouch.aspx

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Link checks out ok. Anyone use a speedtouch?

DNR
-

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Well no i dont use speedtouch but there are a lot about here in the uk. Speedtouch modems are generally a popular router for use with dsl which most isp's provide for free and as i use cable don't have any use for these but have fixed a few home networks that do.

I will check the link tomorrow but thanks for the info neo22. Welcome to suck-o, hope you like the community. Please find the introduction thread in the general discussion section and tell us a little more about yourself.

Enjoy your stay :wink:

*edit*
Also we dont normally allow new members to post links which i am sure you can obviously see the reasons why and i dont need to go into detail. As DNR has already checked the link it can stay but please refrain until people realize your intentions. I am sure you understand and it is not down to personal preference etc its just the rules. 8)
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

neo22

Post by neo22 »

Ty bro :lol: