international phone calls via computer

Phone stuff....
mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

international phone calls via computer

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:23, edited 2 times in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Hey mystik, well there are a few available VOIP programs you can try and these will also give you free minutes. The service you need is just free calls to the USA via VOIP which i would like to add is for landlines and mobiles.

You might like to take a look at this

United States (Landline & Mobile) SuperDeal!** FREE* FREE*

Code: Select all

http://www.lowratevoip.com/en/callingrates/landline/cheap-calls-unitedstates.html
The site does say there are 200 mins free to all registered members, but with the deal it you may be in luck. The only thing i can say is give it a try. I hope it works as it is the same in my country so i may add this service along skype which i have also just recently tried.

Hope this helps

/bump

Looking into the small print here is what it says
* Registered users get max 200 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address. Unused free minutes cannot be taken to the following week(s). If limit is exceeded the normal rates apply. During your Freedays you can call all destinations listed as "Free" for free. When you have run out of Freedays, the normal rates apply. You can get extra Freedays by buying credit.
Also i imagine during the free call trial period the connection will be limited as it reccomends buying credit for longer 'free' calls. Looking at the costs i may try this service just for the free calls for business.

I suppose you could get minimum credit and go through the full list of VOIP services with free trials. This maybe a lot easier if you have a everchanging IP like dial-up users get. This maybe something to look deeper into once again. After all the telephone companies are making a fortune and while the economy is struggling, every penny we can save is worth doing!
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Now as i am in the uk i cant do any testing but reading the info, it is the destination of the calls that matter and not the origin. By this, i doubt you could make any calls to Kuwait but as the USA is on the free destinations list, you should still be able to use the software. The program above does limit you to 200 minutes free calls but you will only gewt calls lasting up to a minute before it cuts off unless you have credit, but if you purchase the minimum tarif you will get 200 uninterupted free calls.

I hope this works for you and wouldn't mind knowing how it goes, after all its 2 mins to install and uninstall for testing purposes.

Good luck

:wink:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com