Python help

Questions about programming languages and debugging
FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Python help

Post by FaoX »

I'm trying set a hot key so when it is pressed if the window is visible it will hide it, and if it is not it will show it. I've looked through a lot of hooking methods and have come up short. I'm currently using wxpython to create my gui for the program. My current operating system is Ubuntu 9, but I would like to make this app cross platform. A quick example of what I'm trying to do hot key wise is exactly like the program launchy, When you have launchy running by default it is in the background, but no matter where your focus is if you press its hot key (alt + space) the window is visible and in focus. I have tried digging through its source but to no avail. If anyone knows of a way to do this in python, preferably wxpython and cross platform, it would be much appreciated.
\"The OS is detected as NetBSD (it will even run on your toaster).\"

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

This discussion

Post by maboroshi »

This discussion may help

http://bytes.com/groups/python/574341-h ... bal-hotkey

As for hiding the window hmmm

I am not sure how to code that I know hiding in the shell window is very hard to do programmaticly but gui window maybe using xlib will help as mentioned in the post

;)

Anyway good luck :D

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

I've done my share of googling ,_, and I've been to that page before. Problem is a lot of those links are dead, and no one really seems to have a solid simple answer. Keep in mind I'm not completely fluent in python.
\"The OS is detected as NetBSD (it will even run on your toaster).\"