How do you code your GUI?

Questions about programming languages and debugging
ayu
Staff
Staff

How do you code your GUI?

Post by ayu »

When I plan and create my applications, it takes some time yes, but it never adds up to the damn time it takes to design and create a GUI.

How do you guys do it? Do you use a drag and drop application to make it go faster? Or do you use a GUI that is very logical and fast to use?

I am at the moment using wxWidgets, and I am not very happy with it, so I'm going to try QT instead. But I want some opinions, and maybe some comments on how you guys do when you create your GUIs ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Simple

Post by maboroshi »

Simple I take the GUI like I am building a web page and draw out the design I want

I use Tk so coding a GUI is minimal code compared to C though ;)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, in another programming language other than PHP, i do make GUI programs. Generally, i use the form designer and then create a function for each control. For example, if i create a button named Button1 and a input box named Input1, i would have the following functions:

Button1()
{
}

Input1()
{
}

It works pretty well for me ^_^
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

So neither of you think it takes too much time? Hmm, maybe it's just me then ^^ I always get issues when creating my GUI, especially with wxWidgets, mostly because it takes a long time to compile it with the wxWidget libraries, and then I always have to check the design if it looks alright, just to see that it's wrong and I have to change it and then recompile again.

I would need some sort of "planning tool". =/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"