the new guy

...let us know what you think, free speech!
killswitch666

the new guy

Post by killswitch666 »

HI my name is Killswitch666 and Im new here and this site is awesome. Just what I was looking for. Im new to programming and networking. Im studying vb.net. Well anyways this site is great and I hope to learn alot.
Know yourself it is the beginning of wisdom!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome to suck-o.... :) feel free to introduce yourself a little further in the "introduce yourself" thread... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:welcome to suck-o.... :) feel free to introduce yourself a little further in the "introduce yourself" thread... :wink:
Did we include a link to that in the welcome mail? =/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

hey

Post by lilrofl »

For your amusement:

Killswitch, bad brains and cats... well it's stray cats but everyone I know just calls them cats, are all names of bands that have music that sound nothing alike. Well, unless you find kitty an appropriate substitute for cats... but even in THAT case (wierdo) bad brains is still the only punk rock band amongst you!!

Hi Killswitch =)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe...well, my nick is not coming from the band, actually I only like 1 song from them ("pay to cum"), the rest I heard sucks... :lol: I've always been more into UK punk rock...with a few exceptions like "The Meatmen" (thanks DNR...btw, they are on tour at the moment, check http://www.tescovee.com/ ).

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

punk

Post by lilrofl »

I've never really cared for Bad Brains much myself, I'm definitely s Pennywise, Bad Religion, Distillers kinda punk lol.

I'll check out The Meatmen though, it never hurts to find good tunage =)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Punks Not Dead

Post by DNR »

You want the "And you still suck!!" Album by the Meatmen. Check out "Turbo Rock". You can find a few vids online - Tesco Vee usually incorporates costumes in his routine. I saw them twice in the 1980's.

I myself worship the Sex Pistols and the Exploited. Suicidal Tendacies, Circle Jerks, the Misfits, Minor Threat, and of course the Clash are always playing in my head. I got in to punk rock in 1980 because in a school of jocks and preppies, only the small group of punk rockers took me in.

Exploited Computer's Don't Blunder Lyrics:

Nuclear missles raining from the sky
Innocent people destined to fry
Goodbye world hello space
This is where God greets us face to face

Computers don't blunder

I'm so troubled by what I see
In this so called democracy
Are you scared just like me
By the power of the military

Submarines beneath the sea
Probing, searching the enemy
Radar beacons sighted high
Plotting targets of those to die

Punks Not Dead 8)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: hey

Post by Lyecdevf »

lilrofl wrote:For your amusement:

Killswitch, bad brains and cats... well it's stray cats but everyone I know just calls them cats, are all names of bands that have music that sound nothing alike. Well, unless you find kitty an appropriate substitute for cats... but even in THAT case (wierdo) bad brains is still the only punk rock band amongst you!!

Hi Killswitch =)
Wow, wirdo post of the month. Like B_b said his name does not originate from some band and neither does cats. In fact Killswitch is a popular FPS game for playstation 2 that I play a lot so I thought it was based on that and I was going to say, oh, wow I like that game and stuff...but you ruined it all with our stupid band comment.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

killswitch666

whatever

Post by killswitch666 »

Killswitch is a awesome band and I just recently seen them live at my home town. But thats not why I chose that nik-name. Ive also never heard of Stray Cats or Bad Brains but then again im just a young buck.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Wierdo

Post by lilrofl »

I've never gotten an award for being a little off...

suhWEEET-ah

=)