DocumentCat V 3.0

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
ayu
Staff
Staff

DocumentCat V 3.0

Post by ayu »

Ah yes, finally I have started seriously on this project. I have put a bunch of other projects on hold just to get the time to start with this one, although Suck-o V2 development is not one of them (it's still under way ;)). Until I have created a development blog for the site, I will keep some news and change logs here.

Anyway ... to the introduction

Link:

The first purpose of the site was simply to make some sort of tool that would interact with a database, this was first a project at my last school. But as I was developing it, I got more fun ideas with it, and it has since then been my biggest project (mainly because of the time it has consumed so far)

The idea now is to create a tool where a person can create an account, and keep track of series, movies, comics, etc, and add anything which falls under the categories that the site has to offer (will be described shortly), the user can add both title, an image (if the image is present in the database), and also keep track on which season and episode the user is on right now, and ofc is the series or movie has been "completed" as in watched. Statistics will also be available that will show everything from current number of watched episodes in every category, to the number of minutes the user has spent watching all of it. And these are only a small amount of the features that will be available in the tool. And this is not any kind of community site, in fact, it wont even have a forum, because it's simply an online tool to help a user organize his/hers piles of movies and series, etc.

Anyway ... onwards

Categories
Anime
Series
Movies
Manga
Comics
Animated Series (Not decided on yet)

Items and categories

The structure of the sites items (series, movies ...etc) is based on 3 kind of element, these are items, main categories and categories. The items should be rather obvious, it's all the series and movies, etc, and the main categories are the ones listed above. Now, the next one is interesting and is a whole new concept for this tool that wasn't included in the last two versions. The "category" is something that a user can specify by him/herself, for example, you have an anime with 4 seasons that you wish to separate somehow, now this is the key to that. All you would have to do is to create a category called "Stargate Atlantis", then place it under the main category "Series" for example, and then simply add your seasons under the Stargate Atlantis category. This concept, however, is still under construction and will be changed a lot during the process. For example, one question is how you would list your items. Would it be by category, or by item? Because if you were to list them all by item, you would get a bunch of unidentified "Season 1, Season 2" etc, and if you were to add a series which you do not want to add to any category because there is only one "season" of it, then you should be able to do so without any difficulties. These are only a very few of the many issues that will have to be solved during the development.

Development

As of this moment, the engine for the login, registration and account activation has been completed, although there is no design work done on it, it works without fail and has been tested carefully to avoid any kind of difficulties or vulnerabilities. Of course some changes might be made to this system during the development of the rest.

Features thus far

#Adding,removing and editing items, and keeping track of them, as well as keeping a list of everything you have watched.
#Adding your own categories
#Adding to the main categories
#Search through your items and categories
#A function will be available through the user settings where the user can choose to enable "Viewer friendly" which means that the user can send a link to friends which will enable them to watch the users list and categories, and nothing else of course.
#Since the tool is now a little more then just anime and manga (which was the main idea at the beginning) the site will have different themes that the user can choose from. These themes will feature some popular series and movies.

A blog will be fixed soon that will contain a lot more info then this, but since the clock is now 02:00 AM and I am pretty tired, I think I will call it a day and go to sleep now and continue this in the morning. over and out.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

im still getting underconstruction :/
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

n3rd wrote:im still getting underconstruction :/
Didn't you read the info above? =/ The site is not even close to being done yet xF
As of this moment, the engine for the login, registration and account activation has been completed, although there is no design work done on it, it works without fail and has been tested carefully to avoid any kind of difficulties or vulnerabilities. Of course some changes might be made to this system during the development of the rest.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Good luck with it cats!

PS: Change that girly thingy that you got on your site now, or people will have more reasons to believe that you're a chick :P

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ph0bYx wrote:Good luck with it cats!

PS: Change that girly thingy that you got on your site now, or people will have more reasons to believe that you're a chick :P
Well those people can go f*ck themselves :D because I'm not changing it, she's one of my mascots ^^

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

cats wrote:
ph0bYx wrote:Good luck with it cats!

Well those people can go f*ck themselves :D because I'm not changing it, she's one of my mascots ^^
im starting to doubt if u are having sock puppets in the form of that anime character......can any 1 fill in the rest of the picture by themselves! :P

j/k
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

*cough* No, why would I! *strokes puppet* yes my darling ... soon you shall live!!

No... but, I do have her as a 1/8 PVC Figure xF