Images

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Images

Post by Kirk »

I must be a freakin retard because I cannot figure out how to include an image in my posts. Someone feel like breaking it down to two syllable words for me? Thanks.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

There a few ways to post ur image in a post...
1- if u have a direct link to the image then put the link as is, and participants will click on the link...
2- if u want the picture to appear in the post then u have to use the image tag just above the text box where u write the post...
a- in case u have the image in a file on ur computer, then use any website like photobucket, image shack, tinypic, to upload the photo, then use the link provided to you by that website...
hope this will help you :wink:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, you simply have to use the "Img" tags (opening and closing tag, simply move the mouse over the "Img" button when writing a post and a short explanation is displayed.

uploads are not possible (at least not in this suck-o version), but if the images are worth to be kept for the future I will copy them to the suck-o server and edit the links in the post... :wink:

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Believe it or not, the simple tags like img, url, b, i ,u, (called BBCode altogether) helped me a lot with understanding HTML and that helped me a lot in understanding CSS which I'm sure will help me with the next languages. ;)

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

So in conclusion

Post by maboroshi »

Here ya go ;)

Code: Select all

[img]http://image.png[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

some servers will try to keep you from linking to their photos.
I right click on an image and select properties.
if the location ends in .jpg and not some URL script, then you can cut and paste that location for your [img] tag. If you write a really good tut for the suck-o archives, we'll copy your remote image to the suck-o server to keep your tut intact.

Otherwise, I copy the image and repost it at a free host, I use picoodle.com and expect that in a year or so, the image link will likely be broken.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.