Windows task manager processes

Problems? Post here...
blast
forum buddy
forum buddy

Windows task manager processes

Post by blast »

hi ... me again..
I have a little problem.. I noticed my computer had slowed down a bit..
Then I had opened windows task manager and what i saw was 376 processes running 8O ..2 programs 1. cmd.exe and 2. services.exe
can someone please tell what happened there and how could I fix the problem.. tnx

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

can u give a list of the processess or maybe a screenshot?

blast
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by blast »

now I'm at friends place... i can't connect to the internet at my place ... i'll try to get that for you..

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

for the screenshot best run Process Explorer, you can find it in the downloads, it gives much more detailed info... :wink:

blast
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by blast »

thanks bad.. I managed to connect and here is scrn shot..
chaos omfg

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Relax, no chaos here.
:wink:

So far it doesn't look too bad, I can see problems with your auto-updaters - those motherfuckers always seem to want to 'phone home' and download updates when you don't want it to.

I killed wuauclt, wscntfy, and your AVG doesn't need to auto-update. You just don't need to run virus protection full time anymore. AVG you might kill in its own settings - or completely turn it off.

Right Click (in process explorer) on PnkBstrA.exe find out if you want that.

Do you need Bonjour DNS service? probably not, try suspending it and run your browser to see if it access the internet ok without it.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

i'd agree with DNR. a bunch of auto updaters are simultaneously running even the java updater is running i'd suggest you use tune-up utilities 2009 (find it in torrent engines quite easy to find i might say) it'll give you suggestions on how to speed up your PC and do it for you. as for your start up processes you can disable some start up processes using msconfig or the tune up start up manager in tuneup utils 2009.

i suggest you disable these processes and services from your start up:

jusched.exe
jqs.exe
- java update scheduler and quick starter processes i would suggest that you enable jusched.exe in your start up only once in two weeks to check for java updates. jqs is optional. if you use java applications frequently i suggest you leave this enabled otherwise disable this.

Bonjour Service - like what dnr said
Do you need Bonjour DNS service? probably not, try suspending it and run your browser to see if it access the internet ok without it.
you can enable/disable this by starting services.msc from your run command.

i also would suggest you uninstall AVG and try using avast home free edition antivirus. avg uses lots of your computer's resources. avast is almost the same as AVG in terms of detection but avast better than avg also avast has better interface and is lighter than AVG. also its skinnable unlike AVG.

PnkBstrA.exe - you only need this while playing some online games mostly from EA Games. Surely you do not need this in your startup.

also i would suggest you buy more RAM for your computer and a faster processor if you do not like slow downs. i would suggest 2 to 3 Gigs of RAM coz most modern day apps today require a minimum of 2Gigs of RAM and a processor that has 2 cores and clockspeeds of 2.66Ghz - 3.20Ghz
with those it will be seldom you experience slow downs and lagtimes.