Going backcountry camping.

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Going backcountry camping.

Post by Big-E »

Wish me luck, as I am faring the great wilderness pretty much for the first time overnight (without a wooded cabin) - sleeping under the stars 200km from civilization on a mountain!!

I got my rucksack all packed and it weights about 40-50lbs which should be nice for the 30km hike we're doing. Of course, at least 10lbs is beer and hard liquour - couldnt go without that. Other than that, all I have packed is one extraset of dry clothes, some extra layers, a coat, sleepingbag + mat, 4 frozen solid moose steaks (for the first night), beans, tomato saunce and chili seasoning for the second night, dried fruit and jerkey and quinoa ( a grain from South America, similar to rice but very high in protine - very tastey actually), hatchet, 6" hunting knife, mult-tool, water filter, cup, bowl, spoon/fork, toilet paper anda camera.

With that being said, I will be documenting my trip (what I remember of it)and taking picture sso I will be sure to share when I get back, especially the beautiful scenery. But, when I return I want to see photos/stories of your camping adventures. If you haven't ever gone camping you should go sometime, I believe everyone must experience the wilderness to it`s fullest. So enlighten me!

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

weed weights less. Ditch all the heavy liquor and get some majic mushrooms. Make sure you have a GPS.
So you got enough food for two dinners. See you Thursday.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Weed puts me right to passout mode, I only smoke it when I want to get in a different train of tought - sometimes when I brainstorm ideas. And shrooms are no-no for me too! First time on them had a bad, bad, bad trip. I thought EVERYONE hated me. People would talk to me and all I would hear is "dude, I fucking hate you" - I eventually ran home crying and locked myself in my room. LOL Good times.

Booze it is! :D

No GPS, I have a compass and can navigate - plus its a mountain, we can see the road from up above. Oh not to mention my buddy is in the miltiary, so he has his skills too.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

dude
I
Fucking
Hate
You

J/k I know you are not on shrooms now! Have a good trip, take some more food, plenty of water, less alcohol (you'll drink too much water)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

<== Jealous... I love backpacking!

Have a great trip! Pictures and documentation would be awesome as I won't be backpacking again for at least another 6 months, what with the move and all.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Maybe you should take a GPS with you. You don't have to use it, but just in case...

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I would love to do this once my self. Sleep under the stars, eat marshmallows and smoke some weed. :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal