GPU high temp

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

GPU high temp

Post by isapiens »

So i was playing my favorite game Company of Heroes, rather demanding game in terms of video card... It crashed, so i checked the GPU temp...

95C !!!! that seems a lot! when i am not playing its like 75. Its a mid tower, so it doesn't have good ventilation in general. Everything is cramped.

Any suggestions on how to keep it cooler? Keep the solutions on the cheaper side cuz i am poor. I have a GeForce 8800 which only has one fan on it.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

95c is not that bad. Most electronics components can run over that and its like a nice day. I have seen data sheets that 200c is when it starts to reach trouble.

To cool the dam thing place a fan over it. I got some fans lying around hell ill send you a few :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I have that card as well, and what I did was that I bought a new fan, and some new "high performance thermal compound". After that I cleaned out the computer really good, removed all the dust from the fans and reorganized the cables so that there's more room for air flow :)

Works good for me, although the 8800(GT) is known to get very hot ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I overclock my 9500gt to the max and it runs around 65C when playing Call of Duty 4. I also have some pretty damn good airflow going through my case - I just upgraded my heat sink and added an extra 4GB of ram /w those thermal fins and it dropped the mobo temp by 4 degrees. Pretty soon I will be moving into my office when I finish it up, which will have an A/C so I won't have to worry about temps soon. :D

hiper
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by hiper »

I run my computers in my basement and there is around 10-15C i got 4 big fans 23" each^^ and my computers have a middel temp on 25-35 on load......
sry bad english iam drunk >.<