Good Deeds, Good Luck, and Bad Luck

...let us know what you think, free speech!

Did i do the Right thing?

Of Course Dude! Good Luck will surely come your way!
60%
OMFG! You should've kept the precious! you stupid effing jerk!
40%

Total votes: 10

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Good Deeds, Good Luck, and Bad Luck

Post by Pong18 »

post here if u have just done a good deed to someone or u experienced good luck or bad luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------
my good deed (this is a true story, no joke, no S#!+)

yesterday, i had a client this client of mine wanted me to assemble a power desktop for all purpose use and gaming. this guy hated lag times and hung ups. so i review the computer sales price of the shop near my home. i finally then decided to assemble for him these specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 7750 Kuma 2.71Ghz, 3.0Mb total L2 + L3 Cache
Motherboard: ASUS M2N68-AM
Video Card: Sparkle GeForce 9400GT 1GB 128Bit
Memory: 1 stick 2GB DDR2 800Mb/s/pin PC-6400
HDD 1: Seagate 320gb SATA
CD/DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc 22x DVD SATA
Power Supply Unit: ZENO 600Watts Max Output
Casing: Typical Old ATX Tower

so, he gave me the money and i went to the store. i asked for the parts and payed for it and the saleslady stuffed all parts in a bag. i went home to assemble the parts to become a creation. as i was unpacking the parts from the bag i noticed that the processor's box had a different model name in the label instead of "Athlon64x2 7750 Kuma Processor" which had 2.71ghz and 3mb cache, it said "Phenom II 940 Processor" a quad with 3.0ghz and 8.0mb cache! I said "whoa"! i have not noticed this on my purchase because it had the same black box as the kuma. i started thinking, this processor is so powerful, shall i return it to the store? or should i take it as my own and use my athlon 6000+ as a replacement for my client's machine. damn! it was like holding the one ring from lord of the rings, it was so heavy a burden, i wanted to keep it for myself. i mean having a phenom II today here in our home is like super! i pondered upon my question to keep it or not. it was like my good and bad conscience was having a real tight sword fight. thinking of the price difference the kuma was Php3,450.00 and the phenom II was Php10,800.00! Whoa! that's like Php7,000.00 difference more or less. i am guy with a lot of principles. i thought that if i keep the processor i will benefit a lot by taking this for free, but if i do the saleslady will have no salary for a whole month with that mistake(thinking of the poverty here in the philippines 1 month of no salary will mean hell). pondering for about an hour and half or so on the thought, i finally decided to consult my wife for an advice. guess what? my wife said, "return it and exchange it for the right 1, or you will experience really bad luck after enjoying that"(why'd she have to say that? damn!), i was not satisfied with the answer and decided to consult my mother(thinking my mother will say keep it), guess what? my mom said, "your wife is right, after enjoying that for a while you will reap the consequences for your actions". Bugger! with heavy (i mean REALLY EFFING HEAVY!) feelings of regret in my heart, i finally decided to return it to the store and hope for a good deed. i was like ready to cry when i was handing the precious over the store. so i exchange it and assembled my client's unit.

DAMN! DAMN! EFFING S#!+! EFF EFF EFF!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! MY PRRREEEEECCCIIIOOOOUUUUSSSS!!!

WELL, NOW I AM STILL HOPING FOR GOOD LUCK TO SHOWER AND COMFORT ME OF MY HEAVY FEELINGS OF REGRET. T_T huhuhuhu

-----------------------------------------------------

well guys watcha think?

3XTORTION
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Good Deeds, Good Luck, and Bad Luck

Post by 3XTORTION »

Pong18 wrote:my wife said, "return it and exchange it for the right 1, or you will experience really bad luck after enjoying that"(why'd she have to say that? damn!), i was not satisfied with the answer and decided to consult my mother(thinking my mother will say keep it), guess what? my mom said, "your wife is right, after enjoying that for a while you will reap the consequences for your actions".
Haha, sorry but i lol'ed hard when i read that.Theres no such things as bad luck or god will send his army to crush u or w/e :P

imo, u should have kept the it because its very important + u didnt steal it its all the saleslady's stupidity ! :evil:

Note: I think this thread should be moved to the OffTopic forum :roll:

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

oops sorry i mistook "General Computing" for "General Discussions".

so how do i move this thread? is there a way to move the whole thread with the replies?

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Pm an admin or mod

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

ok thanks. and oh btw, i was really thinking that i shud've kept the thing T_T huhuhu

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe....well, the problem is that it was for a customer, so you would needed to buy another CPU (the one you wanted), I bet you wouldn't have returned it if the CPU would have been for your own system..at least I wouldn't... :lol:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

I believe

Post by maboroshi »

I believe in Karma

I am glad you returned it and the sales lady is probably happy to I mean a month with out a salary is a long time. Anyway do not expect something good to come from your actions. But if something does then welcome it.

Anyway

Cheers

Maboroshi

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

mab ur reply shows true ethics. I don't mean any thing against any one who replied, but to me I wouldn't have even thought of keeping it, even if the difference between the two products is a million dollar.
Put your self in the shows of that sales lady ! what would be your reaction ?
So i say yes to returning the product back to the store :wink:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

I don't believe in luck or karma but if you do, I think you just returned your good luck. Because it was pretty lucky you got a better processor by mistake. If you're not going to take advantage of luck why even believe in it?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Taking advantage of another persons misfortune is never a good thing, luck or not. I don't believe in karma or any other supernatural force that affects our lives, but i do believe that doing the right thing will not only clear your conscience, but also show people your true character.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, the question is what kind of store it was....if it's a little local computer store I would also have brought it back I guess, I would feel sorry for them.

but if it's a chain store of a faceless big company I would have taken the opportunity.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

its not a topic of good luck - its a topic of what kind of person are you. Today you'll 'steal' a mobo that was worth more than you paid for, tomorrow you'll find a wallet on the ground and keep the money in it. Next year, you'll be willing to trespass into your neighbor's house for something.
In life you actually posses very few things - your integrity, your character, your word - these are things that are truly yours. Do you want to posses a shitty character? Tarnished integrity? Words that don't mean anything to your friends and loved ones? Where is the outrage for Honor? It just seems to me, in general, there is a slippage of respect and honor in society.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

DNR wrote:its not a topic of good luck - its a topic of what kind of person are you. Today you'll 'steal' a mobo that was worth more than you paid for, tomorrow you'll find a wallet on the ground and keep the money in it. Next year, you'll be willing to trespass into your neighbor's house for something.
In life you actually posses very few things - your integrity, your character, your word - these are things that are truly yours. Do you want to posses a shitty character? Tarnished integrity? Words that don't mean anything to your friends and loved ones? Where is the outrage for Honor? It just seems to me, in general, there is a slippage of respect and honor in society.

DNR
<== Impressed

Insection

Post by Insection »

I would return it aswell.

You done the right thing.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

whoa so many replies! nice!

I believe in Karma

I am glad you returned it and the sales lady is probably happy to I mean a month with out a salary is a long time. Anyway do not expect something good to come from your actions. But if something does then welcome it.

Anyway

Cheers

Maboroshi
@maboroshi-->thanks man for the support i was kinda worried about the saleslady having no salary for a month.

I don't believe in luck or karma but if you do, I think you just returned your good luck. Because it was pretty lucky you got a better processor by mistake. If you're not going to take advantage of luck why even believe in it?
@kirk-->i was also thinking of this but gogeta was right about:
Taking advantage of another persons misfortune is never a good thing, luck or not. I don't believe in karma or any other supernatural force that affects our lives, but i do believe that doing the right thing will not only clear your conscience, but also show people your true character.
@gogeta-->your right man.
well, the question is what kind of store it was....if it's a little local computer store I would also have brought it back I guess, I would feel sorry for them.

but if it's a chain store of a faceless big company I would have taken the opportunity.
@bad_brain-->it was just a local store with only 2 small branches here in our town and 1 small branch outside town no more no less.

its not a topic of good luck - its a topic of what kind of person are you. Today you'll 'steal' a mobo that was worth more than you paid for, tomorrow you'll find a wallet on the ground and keep the money in it. Next year, you'll be willing to trespass into your neighbor's house for something.

DNR
@dnr-->man where do you get this wisdom of yours? you never cease to amaze me! maybe i'll become a fan of yers... hehehe

I would return it aswell.

You done the right thing.
@insection--> thanks for the support