stupidest thing you've done

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

stupidest thing you've done

Post by Kirk »

I would like to know what the stupidest thing you guys have done is.

When I was 18 I would walk around with a 12 gauge on my foot. One day I was in my kitchen talking with a friend and had the gun resting on my foot. I was very high (speed) at the time and couldn't remember if my safety was on. I pulled the trigger to find out. DUMB!!!!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ouch... >_<

Well, I'm a rather calm person, and this is no country where you are allowed to have weapons, so the dumbest thing I can think of is getting really drunk at a friends birthday party, and not remembering how I got home, and as a results of all the Vodka I threw up when I got home (haven't had a drop of alcohol since then).
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

8O
I have read that you kinda have to learn to walk again when losing the big toe.... :?

one of the most stupid things I ever did was to visit a club, getting drunk as hell in there and then drove to a buddy's place to visit him....he wasn't home, so I rolled a joint and smoked it while cruising around at about 80 mph on the country roads. when I tried to light the joint up again the car touched the right median strip and when trying to get back on the road it began to slide.
so the car made a full 360 turn on the street and I slided to the right into the fields (to the left there were trees, I wouldn't have survived crashing into one of them).
when I noticed I will hit the fields I already thought "phew, lucky!", but then there was a real hard crash and my car flipped over 3 times...I still remember how I grabbed the steering wheel as hard as I could and stared at the cockpit hoping to survive this...I was wearing no seat belt btw.
the car landed on the wheels, so the first thing I tried was to start the engine, and "wrooom!"...it worked! but when I tried to drive the car didn't moved at all, then I turned my head and noticed the back of the car is completely missing...the trunk, the back seats, the car was ripped into 2 parts. what happened was that the car hit a big concrete tube that was embedded into the ground so farmers can drive over it to access the fields from the street.
if the car would have hit the tube just 20 cm more in front it would have ripped me in half.

I got out of the car and noticed the back of it lying 100 meters away...and all I had was a cut on my wrist.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

holy fucking jesus christ you were lucky b_b 8O

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Holy fucking shit damn dude! You were god damn lucky on that one 8O

I know of IED's that have done less damage!

Well, take this as a lesson dudes: Don't drink and drive (especially while lighting a joint).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Shit, tough crowd to follow... and I've done so many stoopid things over the years it's hard to narrow it down to just one... you know? Also I feel there are many different types of stoopid decisions, I mean I got in this long distance relationship once and charged up a 700 dollar phone bill... which is stoopid, but not real interesting I'd say. I

Lemme think, I was cross country backpacking in the High Sierra Mountains of California in about 1994 or there abouts, it was my first long distance cross country solo trip so I was very excited. About a week into the trip my water filter was getting harder to pump for some reason, and by the second week it was impossible to pull clean water out of a stream. I figured there had to be a clog in one of the filters (there are three) so I took it apart with a leatherman and started removing one filter at a time in sequence till I could get water again.

The filter that was clogged was the paper filter at the end, after a screen and ceramic one, so I removed the paper filter and kept going. 4 days later I was 250 miles from civilization, in a place that is frequented by about 2 people a month or so and suffering from giardia.

I wasn't sure I was going to survive that one, and the story of survival is not even as interesting as the story thus-far... sufficed to say that the human body is resilient, and even in the weakest conditions of life, mind over matter and all that.

Moral of the story, bring iodine tablets as a back-up, and a plastic sheet for improvised water collection, evaporation and condensing.

Insection
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Insection »

Thats reminds me of the movie 8mile for some reason.

Anyways, the most stupid thing ive done is probably stick crayons up my nose when i was 5. :twisted:

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

HOLY $#!+ !!!

The Force is Strong in b_b!

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

If I need to E & E in the backwoods, anywhere, I am taking floodie and lilrofl with me. :wink:

I have a few car crashes, brushes with the law. I made weapons and devices as a teen, been around firearms.

I guess the one that might be worth-while to mention is the one that got me kicked out of college.

At the time I was the college campus safety officer, the president of the campus went mtn biking with me, and came to my wedding. I was a 3.7 gpa student in CIS/IT. Teachers would have me come into their class every semester to show some hacking skills to the new students - cracking, sniffing, spoofing, etc.

I guess I got cocky - I thought that my goodness would prevent me from getting in trouble when I bent the rules. I would sometimes use the college campus network as my computer lab. I would test out new tools and sniff the segments on the network.

I fucked up by not covering my tracks. The IT dept of course didn't know me, but they found my tracks and got really scared. The found a partially uninstalled keylogger on my officer computer (campus safety dept) I was only checking it out, and deleted it sloppily afterwards. The icon remained in the program list as if it was still on the computer.
Or was it trying a web vulnerability scanner on the Bank of Jamaica? Again, thinking that my status as top geek at the campus, the campus safety officer, and known white hat hacker out protect me - I didn't bother to use a proxy, I was tired and besides, I deleted the program after checking it out (wwwscan I think it was).

Either way I got called into the office, the president of the college was shook up, and upset - he said the Legal Dept said the IT dept reported my computer activities to them, and they advised to kick me out of school and terminate my postition as campus safety officer. They allowed me to resign, instead of termination. They had me leave the school before I graduated the next year. The president of the college was more upset than I was - I had no chance to explain myself - as the paperwork was already done.

This fuck up should be a lesson to all of you aspiring hackers - never think you are untouchable. Never think that your good status with others - high ranking or not - will protect you. Control your hacking obsession/compulsion.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

I made a molotov cocktail once, to throw into a restaurant. I had placed a rag in the top of the bottle, but, it was not big enough and so when I thrust my arm backwards to lob it, some of the petrol poured onto my sleeve. When I lit the fuse, and tossed it I also managed to get my arm on fire. Well it WAS my first attempt at arson!

Managed to get it off me before any serious harm was caused, though it raised eyebrows among my friends.

:lol:
To the wicked, I am merely too knowledgeable in their ways.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

molotov cocktails should have a cap on the bottle - I know the movies show people stuffing the rag into the opening of the bottle. Don't do this - the rag can be ejected by the weight of the fuel sloshing around - and when you throw this - the flaming rag ignites the fuel as it is ejected from the bottle when you throw it - meaning the gasoline is dumped all over you.

You can put a ball bearing inside the molotov cocktail - this helps it break if it lands on something soft. But align the ball bearing before you throw it.

weapons are not kids play.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

I havn't made a whole lot of mistakes in my short life. But there was one that changed everything. I trusted this guy. He lived in the neighborhood. You know, one them guys who like kids and all. He used to be a private tutor. U can always find him in a company of a boy. I used to think that guy must be really cool of something.
One day he picked me. Started talking about things like future planning and shit. I should have known what's coming. But I dunno. Hey, I was just 10 you know. And i never even knew about stuff like that before.
He didn't do it. But what do they call it ? Molest or something.

It's been difficult after that. I became paranoid. Especially with touch involved. Gender didn't matter. Even if someone put their hands on mine I would stiff. I still do. I never had any real friends

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

WOW ! I actually wrote that on a public forum.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

DrVirus wrote:I havn't made a whole lot of mistakes in my short life. But there was one that changed everything. I trusted this guy. He lived in the neighborhood. You know, one them guys who like kids and all. He used to be a private tutor. U can always find him in a company of a boy. I used to think that guy must be really cool of something.
One day he picked me. Started talking about things like future planning and shit. I should have known what's coming. But I dunno. Hey, I was just 10 you know. And i never even knew about stuff like that before.
He didn't do it. But what do they call it ? Molest or something.

It's been difficult after that. I became paranoid. Especially with touch involved. Gender didn't matter. Even if someone put their hands on mine I would stiff. I still do. I never had any real friends

Damn man, that sounds horrible :( Well, as long as you are a beloved member of suck-o, you have 32150 friends and rising ^^