My Mac World pt.1 (iphone)

Phone stuff....
Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

err slow is not on my wanted features list... :?

yorki, could you include additional info like what OS the phones use (for all phones) and price ranges next time? That'd be very helpful.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

Lundis wrote:err slow is not on my wanted features list... :?

yorki, could you include additional info like what OS the phones use (for all phones) and price ranges next time? That'd be very helpful.
I always go to http://www.gsmarena.com

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

sure Lundis ,no worries
i can include info about os of the phones & price ranges :wink:

thx alot for your feedbacks :) guys keep posting your feedbacks and questions and i will reply as soon as possible ...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Good point on the OS - but some of that nfo is really hard to get details on. I had to surf for hours trying to get the technical details on my Motorola V3 cellphone. I had to discover nfo about Verizon, then its VZaccess software/Quicklink Mobile Technology, drilling down to Smith Micro Software inc to try to find its code. Just like computers, you try to understand how the device works, the CDMA( Code Division Multiple Access) technology is quite understandable as a network protocol. I finally ended up with a file on everything I could on my phone's OS.
It was not the phreaking aspect of the phone, but I use the phone as a USB modem to dial-up for my laptop- anywhere there is a cellphone signal.

CDMA Network Technologies: A
Decade of Advances and Challenges
http://www.tek.com/ir/whitepaper/WP_CDMA.pdf

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

str33tl0rd
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by str33tl0rd »

I would also look at the HTC Pro(s), especially the second version. Windows Mobile, Touch and physical keyboard as well. Thats a phone i would like to have.
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

Hey guys i'm back here to the internet ,i was sick last days
but here i come with some new things and coming with stuff you have requested before

now lets complete our top ten list with another 5 phones
(as price ranges vary from a country to another then i wont put price ranges with the reviews)

HTC Touch Pro2:

* Display : 3.6 inches,480 x 800 pixels ,TFT resistive touchscreen 65K colors
* Keyboard : Physical QWERTY keyboard
* Built-in GPS
* 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus (video) ,Secondary camera for video calls
* Motion sensor
* TV-out
* Wireless connectivity : Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
* Memory : 288 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
* Bluetooth : v2.0 with A2DP
* Java : yes

HTC Hero :

* Display : 3.2 inches inches,320 x 480 pixels ,TFT resistive touchscreen 65K colors
* Multi-touch input method
* Built-in GPS
* Camera : 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus (video)
* Wireless connectivity : Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
* Memory : 288 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
* Bluetooth : v2.0 with A2DP
* Java : yes
* microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
* Digital Compass

Nokia 5730 XpressMusic :

* 2.4-inch QVGA 16 million colors (TFT) Display screen
* QWERTY slide-out Keyboard with Backlit keys
* 3.2 megapixel camera with LED flash (Carl Zeiss lens)
* 1,000mAh BL-4U battery with 4.55 hours of talktime, up to 270 hours in standby mode
* Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UPnP technology
* Inbuilt A-GPS support, Nokia Maps
* 128MB of RAM
* a microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
* micro USB v2.0
* Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR and A2DP support
* FM Radio with RDS support
* 3.5 mm audio jack
* Dedicated music keys
* Blue and red color models
* Nokia S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 (Symbian OS)

Samsung S8000 Jet :

* General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 3.6Mbps
* Form factor: Touchscreen bar
* Dimensions: 109 x 53.5 x 11.9 mm, 99g
* Display: 3.1 inch 16M color WVGA AMOLED touchscreen, 480 x 800 pixels
* Platform: Latest TouchWiz 2.0 UI with Motion UI, Media Gate 3D and Smart unlock, fast 800MHz application processor
* Memory: 2GB/8GB/16GB integrated memory, hot-swappable microSD card slot (up to 16GB)
* Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus camera with dual LED flash, geo-tagging, image stabilization, face detection, Smile Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) and D1 video recording at 30 fps
* Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, TV out
* Misc: Accelerometer for screen auto rotate and turn-to-mute, electronic compass, FM radio with RDS, DivX/XviD video support, DNSe and SRS sound effect
* Battery: 1100 mAh battery

Sony Ericsson Satio :

* General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, GPRS/EDGE class 10, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA 3.6 Mbps
* Form factor: Touchscreen bar
* Dimensions: 112 x 55 x 13.3 mm
* Display: 3.5" 16M-color TFT resistive touchscreen, 640 x 360 pixels
* Memory: 100MB integrated memory, hot-swappable microSD card slot (up to 16GB), 256 MB RAM
* Camera: 12 megapixel autofocus camera with xenon flash and video LED flash, geotagging, face and smile detection, Smile Shot, Smart contrast and VGA video recording at 30 fps
* Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP, USB v2.0, GPS receiver with A-GPS
* Misc: Accelerometer for screen auto rotate, FM radio with RDS
* Battery: 1000 mAh battery

Hope that you enjoyed that list

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

Thx alot p4inl0v3r :)
enjoy your time on suck-o

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

I myself have an iPhone 3g. :)
I'm not gonna jump in and starting ranting about how "amazingly coool this thing is!" just cause i have it lol
but i will say that out of all the smart phones i have used and tested theres just no other way to go than the iPhone. If your a techy and can understand and handle the iphone properly and utilize its full capabilities... then there is no comparison in my opinion. I hacked it at one point to get he extended features but with all the issues involving the hack i found myself being completely content with the retail 3.0 firmware recently released. Since the release of the new firmware the only thing it really doesn't have that most phones do is solid MMS, but It will come out in due time of course. For day to day usage and being completely connected to the world efficiently and effectively 24/7 on the go ... iPhone ftw
and i suggest fully testing all other smart phones before jumping to one conclusion.
\"Submit or Fight\"

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

One of my interests is to test phones and laptops
i had an iphone 3G also i still have an ipod touch 2G
i'm living with iphone and ipod ,you cant tell that i havent tested them
also i always go to different stores to check out whats new and play with all the new phones ,worked as a salesperson at virgin mega store last summer

please read the article and the comments writen by other members carefully and you will understand what i mean

ofcourse iphone doesnt completely suck as it have the best touch interface and so on but they should do better for apple customers
personally i would like to buy any phone uses google android OS than buying an iphone