My Mac World pt.1 (iphone)

Phone stuff....
yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

My Mac World pt.1 (iphone)

Post by yorki_boy »

hmmm so from where can i start ...
Just how new and revolutionary is the iPhone concept, when it actually comes with a huge pack of disadvantages ???
and now a days we have a new iphone born
so let me tell you about the iphone generally then i will be talking about the new iphone (iphone 3G s)

what makes the iphone bad ??? here we go

1-No video calling
2-The 2 mega pixel camera is the worest ever ... photos look like they have come out of a VGA camera
3-No video recording
4-No java support
5- No physical keyboard (BELIEVE me! this alone is a dealbreaker... touch keyboard as good as it looks...once you use it then only you come to know about the importance of having a hard keypad , you will always cry while chatting with your girlfriend from your iphone )
6-Cannot send MMS
7-Can't use as external storage device (16 GB of utter waste..next time you go to your friend's house & find some interesting songs, movies, etc...Sorry you cannot connect your '16 GB' phone and share it!!!! Apple apparently has a solution.. " BUY MUSIC & MOVIES FROM iTUNES "..... Give me a break will you APPLE!!!)
8-No fm radio (not a big problem)
9-Can't use your mp3 files as ringtones (really cool ,we should all be equal and use the same ringtones :wink: )
10-want to add third party softwares ??? Go buy them from itunes baby or simply jailbreak your iphone and GET OUT OF OUR FUCKEN WARRANTY
11-CAN'T share ANY (mp3, images, videos....) files via bluetooth
12- No flash for the camera
13-Cannot insert any other SIM card
14-No removable battery. You cannot change battery. Have to send it to apple ...Come on now!!!!...This is not an iPod. Its a bloody phone. You cannot live without phone for 2 or 3 days

Dahhh ,thats so enough :cry:
So whats new in the new iphone 3G S

Voice control ,built in compass and the newest and greatest feature A VIDEO RECORDING CAMERAAAA (owww thanks god now we can record videos )

What a silly company it is ... Are you kidding me ??? is that the new iphone which would fix the faults of the old ones

Just apple is a control freak so Dont surrender your freedom to it
Thats my advice ...

see you in part 2

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

*thumb*
I nominate Yorki to be the Suck-o Iphone Tester/reporter.
While I wish to have a smartphone, I can't right now. That was a good POV on the Iphone, someone I can trust compared to an advert or biased promo.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I agree with DNR, i have a very basic phone but am interested in the future to something that i will keep and use for more than just a phone. The one i use at the moment has no blue tooth, no video, no gps, and just does what its meant to.

Please keep this thread going as i am interested in soon getting a phone that i can use for more than its intended use and this will also save me a lot of time.

Time to throw away another decent handset :wink:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

Come on , Iphone is the best looking phone ,its touch interface is nothing like you have ever seen , best browsing experience out there no doubt
but i need a video recording camera and a bluetooth file sharing in my 200 dollars phone is that so difficult for mac
i always need bluetooth instantly at my university to get my lectures on the phone or whatever ... i think thats a basic feature in any phone i would like to buy these days ... also alot of people use it like me so why mac simply take these features away then give it back in the new versions

mac thinks that simple upgrades maybe attract some more customers
but i dont think that any one would buy the new iphone

these are its disadvantages but if you dont need these features so much like me then iphone would be your dream phone thats for sure

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Re: My Mac World pt.1 (iphone)

Post by moudy »

yorki_boy wrote:hmmm so from where can i start ...
Just how new and revolutionary is the iPhone concept, when it actually comes with a huge pack of disadvantages ???
and now a days we have a new iphone born
so let me tell you about the iphone generally then i will be talking about the new iphone (iphone 3G s)

what makes the iphone bad ??? here we go

1-No video calling
2-The 2 mega pixel camera is the worest ever ... photos look like they have come out of a VGA camera
3-No video recording
4-No java support
5- No physical keyboard (BELIEVE me! this alone is a dealbreaker... touch keyboard as good as it looks...once you use it then only you come to know about the importance of having a hard keypad , you will always cry while chatting with your girlfriend from your iphone )
6-Cannot send MMS
7-Can't use as external storage device (16 GB of utter waste..next time you go to your friend's house & find some interesting songs, movies, etc...Sorry you cannot connect your '16 GB' phone and share it!!!! Apple apparently has a solution.. " BUY MUSIC & MOVIES FROM iTUNES "..... Give me a break will you APPLE!!!)
8-No fm radio (not a big problem)
9-Can't use your mp3 files as ringtones (really cool ,we should all be equal and use the same ringtones :wink: )
10-want to add third party softwares ??? Go buy them from itunes baby or simply jailbreak your iphone and GET OUT OF OUR FUCKEN WARRANTY
11-CAN'T share ANY (mp3, images, videos....) files via bluetooth
12- No flash for the camera
13-Cannot insert any other SIM card
14-No removable battery. You cannot change battery. Have to send it to apple ...Come on now!!!!...This is not an iPod. Its a bloody phone. You cannot live without phone for 2 or 3 days

Dahhh ,thats so enough :cry:
So whats new in the new iphone 3G S

Voice control ,built in compass and the newest and greatest feature A VIDEO RECORDING CAMERAAAA (owww thanks god now we can record videos )

What a silly company it is ... Are you kidding me ??? is that the new iphone which would fix the faults of the old ones

Just apple is a control freak so Dont surrender your freedom to it
Thats my advice ...

see you in part 2
man, have you worked with the 3GS ???????? :roll:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

actually not yet moudy but i have an iphone 3G

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

yorki_boy wrote:actually not yet moudy but i have an iphone 3G
I tell you that the i-phone 3GS is a totally different experience

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

what is the differance between them ??? 3g and the 3g s ???
did u use the 3g s one ???

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

The only reason I don't have an iPhone is that I cannot justify $699 for something that I potentially brick - for now, my shitty sony erricson phone will have to suffice. Oh, I also don't like contracts with big corps, nor do I want to pay over $100/month on a data plan.

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

Thats a Gift For suck-o members who are searching for new mobile phones so i came today with 5 cell phones and 2 days after i ll come with another 5 ones ,hope you will like

here we go

1-Nokia N97

This the most awaited phone from Nokia. With its great looks and impressive angular slide out full keyboard, this phone is the choice of business people as well as multimedia lovers.

* 3.5 inch touchscreen display
* Storage : 32GB of on-board storage
* Memory Card : 16GB microSD Supported (Total 48GB)
* 5-Megapixel Autofocus camera with high-quality Carl Zeiss optics
* 16:9 and DVD quality video capture
* A-GPS and electronic compass
* Share on Ovi
* Sharing over HSDPA and WLAN.

2-palm pre

Though the phone did not get hype as much the previous two but with its incredible simple, unique and effective features, the phone has won the hearts of many.

* Display : 3.1-inch touch screen, 24-bit color, 320×480 resolution, HVGA display
* Keyboard : Physical QWERTY keyboard
* Email : Microsoft Outlook® email with Microsoft® Direct Push Technology, POP3/IMAP (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc)
* Built-in GPS
* 3 megapixel camera, LED flash, extended depth of field
* Wireless connectivity : Wi-Fi 802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, 801.1x authentication, Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
* Memory : 8GB of user storage (~7.4GB user available)
* Phone as laptop modem
* Bluetooth tethering, 3G EVDO Rev A
* Connector : MicroUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
* Headphone jack : 3.5mm stereo
* Dimensions : Width: 59.5mm (2.3 inches), Height: 100.5mm (3.9 inches), Thickness: 16.95mm (0.67 inches)
* Weight: 135 grams (4.76 ounces)

3-Samsung Omnia Pro

This latest version of Omnia is an worthy successor of the hugely popular Omnia from Samsung.

* Screen : 3.5 Inch WVGA AMOLED Touchscreen Display
* 2 User Interfaces – a Pro and a Media one, with a dedicated key to switch between them
* HSDPA/HSUPA,GPS,Wi-Fi with DLNA support
* 5.1 MP camera with autofocus and LED flash
* 800Mhz CPU
* TV out,3.5 mm headset jack
* Divx/WMV/H.264 acceleration
* Bluetooth,FM Radio, MicroUSB
* 1GB of internal memory
* MicroSDHC card support, up to 32GB
* 1500 mAh battery

4-Blackberry Storm

unique design with great features ,thats simply the blackberry storm.

* 3.25" TFT Touchscreen
* BlackBerry OS
* Built-in GPS receiver with A-GPS function
* BlackBerry maps
* EDGE and GPRS
* HSDPA for super fast access
* DataViz document viewer/editor
* 1GB internal memory
* microSD (TransFlash), microSDHC, (up to 8GB)
* Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
* 3.5 mm stereo headphone minijack
* Dimensions: 112.5 x 62.2 x 14 mm
* Weight: 155 grams
* Standby Time: Up to 360hrs
* Talk Time: Up to 5hrs 30mins

5-Acer F900 SmartPhone

Some people maybe think that i'm crazy to choose this phone in my top list but This Windows Mobile phone has good multimedia features and a huge 3.8 inch touchscreen

* Screen : 3.8-inch WVGA (800 x 480 pixels resolution) touchscreen display
* amera : 3MP resolution with autofocus and LED flash
* New IE 6 with JavaScript and Adobe Flash Lite support
* Built-In GPS receiver
* Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP and high speed 3.75G HSDPA/HSUPA connectivity
* Innovative widget based Acer 2.0 User Interface for easy one-hand navigation
* Acer’s exclusive easy-to-use virtual Easy Keyboard
* Pre-installed Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps and YouTube
* Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional OS
* Dimension : 117.5 x 63.5 x 12.9 mm
* Weight : 150g (with battery)
Last edited by yorki_boy on 24 Jun 2009, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

I'm a top fan of nokia phones, and especially N-series. All my phones where N-series, and right now I have the N-95 music edition...
These phones are just gr8 :wink:

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

p4inl0v3r wrote:sad the iphone didnt live upto its expectations ....

really expected alot frm it
Well, for an company that was not initially in the MP market, I find that they are doing extremely well, even setting the bar higher for the current US and EU market. I am excluding the asian market because that is completely different especially if you look at Japan, in which the Iphone does not sell at all due to the lack of being able to teleconference, watch TV etc. Kapitalism is a bottleneck when it comes to inovation. only by being a trendsetting company like Apple u will see some modification in the standard. otherwise companies will just Milk a product like there is no tomorrow and withholding all the new tech so that the shareholders make profit for a longer period.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I'm in need of a new phone I suppose... my current one doesn't even have a calendar.. :lol:

I'm thinking of buying this one (the N97 is just too expensive): http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5800_xpressmusic-2537.php

I would be able to write software for it in both java and C++ and I wouldn't have to drag around both phone and mp3-player since they would be the same :D

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

well i hope that list help you Lundis
actually nokia 5800 xpress music is a very nice phone
its a lot of fun & cheap but just a little bit slow

wait for my up coming articles on suck-o and i ll come up soon with another 5 phones with full review

Notes :
______

1-sorry guys i maybe wont be online much these days so my articles will be delayed to next week
2-all my articles will be published only on suck-o and my own website when i finish building it ( if you found it at another hacking forum that would be a fucken thief have stolen my own work )

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

Its not only the 5800 Xpress music...
All the music Xpress editions have some sorta of slowness in their software.
I heard many ppl complaining from how slow these phones are