Things to try before you die!!!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Things to try before you die!!!

Post by computathug »

Today i have been thinking a lot about what i haven't achieved yet but would like to. So far i have tandem bungee jumped from 150ft, sky dived from 15,000ft and done Europe's largest reverse bungee. I am totally terrified of heights but always try to push my own limits. Here are a few things i want to do before im 40.

the first link is just something i have always wanted to do.

This second link is something i saw on tv the other day and thought it looked quite interesting and is called coasteering.

What crazy things have you done in life and what are the things you also would like to try given the opportunity?
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

The best quote I have heard in awhile was by an old guy in a documentary about dangerous jobs.

He said "There are three things in this world I am scared of; electricity, heights and women - Now, I am up here (in reference to his job, which was a power line worker about 60ft in the air), working on power lines and I will be going home to my wife in a few hours - looks like I conquered all my fears, what about you?"

It made me think a lot about my life, just that one quote. This is how everyone should live their life - out of the norm. My plan for this week is to apply and land a job I am not entirely qualified for on paper, but know I can perform. Hopefully when given an opportunity to explain that it's not where I come from, but where I am going that counts and that execution is 10x better than any policy.

What I want to do is accomplish something that no one would ever think I am capable of. I guess now, it`s just a matter of learning what I should accomplish, perhaps this is the goal in life?