yes
50%

Total votes: 4

PopPooB
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

How should I go about investing in a website desinged by me

Post by PopPooB »

I know I can buy a site support it and advertise but i just dont know what exactly to do i asume design, buy domain, put advertisments, Im not sure what else to do though
i know i have to promote it but I never get into the idea of it maybe but im sure im missing some parts

My budget can be $100 and possibly 50 more dollars paypal
the $100 is debt

Also been thinking about the time it will stay up depends on how much it generates and I can spend.

Edit: I got birthday money and Im going into school soon. The school is full of smart kids and Im gonna be taking a alternative computer design class which is basically coding from how they described it im in 9 grade but I understand html php javascript and a little but of java
I wanted to use this money to make money by building a website. Also hopefully they grade me for it. lol

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

The most important thing is that you build something that has a market for it. Are you looking to set up the umpteenth computer forum that adds nothing?

Just any site with ads will not do, and ads are not going to give you a big source of income anyway.

What is your website going to be about?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the best topic for a site is one you are personally interested in, like a hobby you have for a long time already for example. to make a site successful you will need long-term motivation.
once the site is halfway running and populated you can spend some money for advertising on google for example, it's not that expensive (ok, depends on the keywords).

:wink:

p.s. umm...shouldn't the poll options be "yes" and "no"? ^^

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Investment strategy:

Webmaster 30%
Content builder 30%
Proofreader 40%

:)

Unless you are building the webportal just for you - its not worth it
Also been thinking about the time it will stay up depends on how much it generates and I can spend.
Spend money on something else

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

PopPooB

Post by PopPooB »

bad_brain wrote:the best topic for a site is one you are personally interested in, like a hobby you have for a long time already for example. to make a site successful you will need long-term motivation.
once the site is halfway running and populated you can spend some money for advertising on google for example, it's not that expensive (ok, depends on the keywords).

:wink:

p.s. umm...shouldn't the poll options be "yes" and "no"? ^^
I put that at first, but after i posted it I knoticed someone changed it to No No.
DNR wrote:Investment strategy:

Webmaster 30%
Content builder 30%
Proofreader 40%

:)

Unless you are building the webportal just for you - its not worth it
Spend money on something else

DNR
Im Going to buy hosting for long term and build something on the website which I want to be benfifical to me but also someone else.

Ive matained websites before just from experimenting Ive bought domain names hosted them on servers with something I need be it php perl etc.
I also used to have a blog
Domain name was lockvault.us
I have advertized on that plus a warez forum I used to have at bananaegg.info

I just cant think how I should go about do what first then what

like i said before
idea
hosting
domain
Last edited by PopPooB on 19 Aug 2009, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
96% better then all connections global
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Ok, I've edited to "yes/no" now, start voting ;)