Am i Safe

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I view the majority of people in the world as ignorant. And they are blissfully ignorant like animals waltzing around a pen waiting for the butcher.

Feed YOUR brain, and don't worry so much why the world has lost their minds.

It is not the world has 'become' insecure, but you have become more aware about it through knowledge.

Good job neo :wink:
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Your title ask "Am I safe"
The answer is no - I find as I became smarter, and more informed - people felt threatened by that. As much as it pains me the world is 'stupid', it hurts more when I have to 'dumb it down' and play the game to fit in. Imagine trying to smile when you know someone is lying to you.

The more you know, the more you know you have to hide your knowledge

Since you decided to 'take the red pill' you can see your vision is changing. Like me, you can't help while standing in line for food or money - all the various vulnerabilities present in the system.
I look at the cameras, the locks, the policies people blindly follow - weaknesses just shine at me like a light. Where normal people see nothing, I see each mechanism I must break to get it my way. Where I want to sound the alarm about something, people might fear me because no one else thought of it before.

It will get worst, because like I said - people will fear you, your skill to break things will be a threat to them. Your simple knowledge of how to do things will become macbre* to others. I know I can't walk by a desk and not have the impulse to read every document I see, or shoulder surf someone, its an impulse other people don't understand. People also forget some people can be trusted with user logins and memos about other staff. I meant no harm, I am just feeding my brain with information, everything and anything I can get.

My only defense has been to isolate myself from mainstream people, and keep company of my peers. Too much time is wasted trying to fit them into us and vice versa, I just accept I am not one of them. Sort of like a Lion protecting the sheep from the wolves.

*tending to produce horror in a beholder

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hacking does extend into other parts of life. Just like if you were playing a FPS game all day, and then you go out in public - you can't help but to transpose those two worlds. Driving to the corner store could be like GTA :lol:

Lastly, people are a part of the system. Blind people are a part of the problem. They don't want the solution because they have become dependent on the system the way it is.

Good thought provoking thread!
:wink:

DNR
-

DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

p4inl0v3r wrote:Thanks morpheus 8)

However, the ignorant are and most probably will be exploited in the future. Dunno but i dont like the sound of it. Just because someone has not heard about Cain Abel, and is kind enough to offer his lappy, he may get phished (and worse). I do feel bad. Isnt there something which can be done? I read an old post by cats on making on WBC trojan which can fix vulnerabilities on machines and i support it whole heartedly.

But, how can we fix people ? :?
U two sure had an interesting conversation. First of all thanks for making it public.

Now I am thinking. Like DNR said this topic is thought provoking. U want to fix people ?? U want to create the cure ? Rid the world of ignorace. Be the protecter of the weak and foolish. It sounds rather tempting doesn't it ? Especially with all the knowledge ur feasting on these days.

But u see the thing is doing some thing for the "greater good" is almost never good. U want to make sure the people knows the risks of technology and are protected by it ? Well so does every government agency. That's why they try to block everything that even sounds bad.

See India is passing this new act. It's called the Information Technology Act. It's being edited, it now says that if a government feels that some website or blog or any document related to computers poses any threat to the nation, uses degatory terms for the nation or has a chance to effect forgein relations they can pull it off. Hold the writer responsible.
It also states that if they feel the term mentioned above can be caused by a person they can seize his/her electronics devise and demand the data to be released with out a valid reason.

See this might protect a lot. But frankly I rather not be protected. Most countries in the world has one common clause in the consitution the right to privacy and personal freedom. By that right one person should be left alone if he/she wants. U can tell a person he should cross roads after looking both sides. But if he wants to cross with a blindfold on, that's his choice. U can't force protection on somebody.

That's what I think anyway.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Right - the protection that you refer to is dangerous because it was meant to be a blanket cure-all fix. People should be able to write what they feel -without fear of persecution. Sounds like India is going to take the same route as Iran - and control the 'internet' content of its people. - Thats not freedom.

DNR
-

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Quite a riveting read guys!!!

I see we all have something else in common... People watching. From a young age i learned how to work out people's personalities in seconds, just by them saying a few words from a simple question can help you decide on how that person thinks. We are all unique and individual, unless your a identical twin of course then they maybe a lot of similarities but never the same. I have met quite a lot of twins and can usually distinguish who is who very quickly.

Another thing we pick up on instantly is body language.
To me, i wouldn't say that the world is any less secure as security becomes more important than it ever was. As years ago before around the time i got my ZX81 I also remember that we as a family never had to lock our front door and it was the same throughout our neighborhood. If you wanted someone you knocked and walked in. As years have passed all this has changed yet some people still leave open the doors even though they know something could hap[pen at any time. By the time they had been to the bath room and came back down stairs some one would have walked in and taken the most valuable things they have lying around. These people would then wish they had listened to advice and kept there doors locked.

This is still as i see the world today but this is the same in many situations. I have been repairing computers for a while now and no-matter how much you try to stipulate about security people do not think and just go ahead and do what there mind tells them any way. I have had people ring me up telling me passwords have been changed and money taken out of accounts and when you ask if they had a firewall and AV, often i would get the reply.....whats them!!!!!

Ignorance is people's downfall and its not just down to technology but in nearly everything we do. Technology has advanced that far over the years it has now become the biggest problem to deal with and it gets harder the more advanced it gets.

When you start talking about your rights to blog, freedom and speech etc, it is not a point of tightening government security but for the governments own way to tighten control. :evil:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com