PC ADMINISTRATOR PROTECTED HOW TO CRACK OR DELETE

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
hotsocks

PC ADMINISTRATOR PROTECTED HOW TO CRACK OR DELETE

Post by hotsocks »

I WAS GIVEN A PC THAT WAS GOING TO BE TRASHED, IT'S IN PRETTY GOOD CONDITION WANT TO USE IT FOR BACK UP (JUST IN CASE)

ISSUES:
REQUIRES LOG ON
CAN'T UPDATE SOFTWARE (NOT ADMIN FOR PC)

IS THERE ANY WAY TO BYPASS AND EVENTUALLY GET RID OF ALL THAT STUFF?

AM NEW BUT CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WELL....

Thanks Drew

bozotheclown138
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by bozotheclown138 »

yes you can use erd commander 2005 and recover the admins password that way, or you can boot into safe mode and make your own admin account from the user account section in the control panel. there is also a way to make an admin account from the command prompt but i forget the exact codes if neither of the other options work just try and google it

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Very easy...if the "Administrator" account is left intact.And the theres other users with admin rights.

Reboot as Safe Mode..And you will see the hidden "Administrator" account.Click on it,then go to the user accounts and remove the password of the account u want to login with.It wont ask you to put the "Current Pass" because your simply booting with "safe mode".

:wink:

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Hey first things first, welcome to suck-o hotsocks.

Now next time you decide to post can you please refrain from using CAPS for the post.....it is bad on the eyes and I take it as your shouting your issue to us. Other than that welcome aboard.

Now there are a few things we need to know here as it depends on what OS is installed on the machine to how you can go about this.

Give us the information we need instead of thinking we can guess whats running and i am sure you will get all the help you need.

Why not introduce yourself too in the introduction thread, which can be found in the general discussion section and tell us a little bit about yourself. This will also help us understand about how far advanced you are which will let us know on how well we need to document the instructions.

There are also a few options you could choose to do with this machine.

1) Use it as an experimental machine and learn about the OS thats already installed and further your education and get into the unit and see what information is already on there instead of wasting countless hours and deleting whats already on just to clean up the HDD and carry on as normal.

2) If its just a case of trying to clean the OS up and using it as it is, you will be subsequently wasting time when you could just check out the spec and insert disc and reformat the whole pc and start again and have it running as you want within a few hours.

Good luck on your choices :wink:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Yea thuggy you're 100 % right...well i assumed he's using windows :roll:

Anyway,First things first :D ....Welcome to suck-o HotSocks and enjoy your stay :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

8) I needed my sunglasses - those CAPS BLINDED ME.

hey drew - welcome to the forum. I see you are just like me - you like to pick machines out of the trash, and just like me - you found a working PC. You are not collecting junk, but trying to create a computer lab.
:wink:
You don't need to crack the password - you are not trying to evade detection. You can save the LMhash for teaching later, right now you just need to view files.

Since you have a PC, I assume it has Win 95-98se-XP on it. You can boot to C:\, 'safe mode' or 'guest' and view the contents of the HDD. Your only objective is to search the HDD for files of interest, once done, you should consider reinstalling the OS on a clean install - who knows if it was infected or backdoored.

It would be nice to have ERD commander(2005), but it is not freeware and you have to becareful downloading _warez_. Its also a 145-153mb dl, ERD is changed to
Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack For Win Soft Assurance.iso [154.06 Mb]
It is also known as MDaRT

Microsoft’s updated Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack – MDOP 2009. MDOP 2009 includes updates to Microsoft Application Virtualization and Asset Inventory Services, as well as the first included release of Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization. Additionally, MDOP 2009 still includes Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset, Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management, and Microsoft System Center Desktop Error Monitoring.

In Safe Mode you should be able to run Cain & Abel, that will recover passwords, and help crack them via a dictionary list or bruteforce.

You can remove the sam offline with a bootdisk. You need to burn a CD with a boot OS, and have the PC pick the CD as the option to boot to. It can be Damn Small Linux, or MSDOS.
Removing the hash will make the OS ask the administrator to create a new password. On Some XP systems, they do have a high security option for data protection, if you delete the hash, you will not be able to decrypt the HDDs data, but it is an option most people don't chose for home use.

The most important thing missing when you find PCs in the trash are the damn OS install and drivers Disks. If you have OS install disk for another computer running windows, do try it. You can use a tool like DriverMax or Everest. Linux is also a good option because it works on old hardware - so now you have a linux training platform for your 'computer lab'.

Save all the parts, you will be able to use them later as they are interchangable.

Sorry for the long post..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.