Redirecting

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
wardan

Redirecting

Post by wardan »

Hi Everyone,
First of all I'm a newbie "hacker" :lol:
Can someone please tell me how can I redirect a victim to a fake site?
(not with hosts file)

Thanks in advance!!

leetnigga
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by leetnigga »

p4inl0v3r wrote:hi wardan :) welcome to suck-o

well since you are new let me explain to you that suck-o does not encourage by any means illegal activities. you post seemed more like you want to exploit someone rather than learn or apply knowledge. feel free to ask questions on board related to security issues and or other computer related things !

P.S. wish i was mod ... locking threads must be fun for you guys ;)
Keep your morals to yourself. He is asking a legitimate question related to security and computers. Namely: how do you, apart from editing the host file, redirect one website to another?

Here's an answer: you can write an ettercap filter to substitute the destination address of a packet.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, the term "victim" indicates a potential malicious purpose, so it's not about p4inl0v3r's moral....it's about the suck-o moral (I heard the rules say something about that, maybe you should check to make sure :P ).

an Ettercap filter would surely work, but only if both are in the same physical network (and even then it depends on the network architecture), else he can't a grip on the network traffic without having control over a DNS server in the packet path (DNS cache poisoning / MITM).

best candidate is manipulating the ARP tables imo.

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

bad_brain wrote:it's not about p4inl0v3r's moral....it's about the suck-o moral (I heard the rules say something about that, maybe you should check to make sure :P ).
D'oh! :P

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

feel free to code a d'oh loop in Delphi, but it will still not exclude you from the site rules....

wardan

Post by wardan »

Thank you very much!!
P.S. I asked the question for educational purposes only!;)

wardan

Post by wardan »

I have another question. Is it possible to merge an exe and a jpg file so that
if you try to open it jpg will normally show but also exe will be executed?
thanks in advance

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

wardan wrote:I have another question. Is it possible to merge an exe and a jpg file so that
if you try to open it jpg will normally show but also exe will be executed?
thanks in advance
There was an exploit for this in Windows a long time ago (but has been patched a long time ago as well). So no, this is not normally possible today, if you don't find a new vulnerability that is (at least it's not possible to my knowledge).
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

wardan

Post by wardan »

Recently I encountered a virus on a flash drive. The virus was only in the autorun.inf file. When I tried to edit it with a notepad it contained "abracadabra" . Do you know anything about it?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

wardan wrote:Recently I encountered a virus on a flash drive. The virus was only in the autorun.inf file. When I tried to edit it with a notepad it contained "abracadabra" . Do you know anything about it?
The virus itself was most likely hidden, the autorun file ran the hidden file when you plugged in the flash drive. If you change the folder options to show hidden files in Windows, it will most likely appear.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

wardan

Post by wardan »

There are no hidden files for sure!!! its only the autorun.inf file!!!
I am a newbie but not to that extent!!!:))
Virus locks the task manager ,regedit ,showhidden ...
and acts like a Conficker(kido) virus.

bozotheclown138

Post by bozotheclown138 »

if you boot into safe mode with command prompt you should be able to type regedit or regedit.exe i forget which and bring you to the registry then if you locate the startup folders (just google those) see if the virus is in there, if it is delete it and see if you regain some control