The TV Media error[Back Again]

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

The TV Media error[Back Again]

Post by DrVirus »

Hey guys, long time no weird posts right ?? Here is one. This one is undoubtedly the coolest problem I have faced so far.

Remember I made a post few weeks ago about one of my client's computer no booting due to unknown reason ?? Well after the trail and error method I came to terms that the HDD is the reason. Since it still had it's warranty I sent it to the service center. After a week they called me and said they can't fix it. So they are willing to replace it.

I was overjoyed. Went there and collected the new HDD. Just an hour ago plugged it in and installed XP Sp2. The first phase of installation went smooth like butter. It was boring to be honest. Then came the restart phase after which the second part of installation was supposed to happen. But as soon the computer got restarted it gave me this
STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
And the blue screen of death was in front of me !! Just like before.

I went online to check out the error and to my surprise I learned that a type of adware called TV media is causing this ! Apparently the mixture of TV Media and XP SP2 is fatal. But the fact that amused me more is that the error remained even after I replaced the HDD.

But unfortunately it went away as soon as I restarted. I don't think I will be able to see more of it. I will look for it anyway. It was great while it lasted. Reminded me how much I love whacky problems :D.

P.S Microsoft is still researching the subject. If you want a good look then check it out. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885523
Last edited by DrVirus on 24 Sep 2009, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

malware, the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:

can't do a trusted clean install with strange install disks.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Maybe it wasn't the poor replacement guy.

Sorry to bring this up again. But there has been a very interesting improvement. I tested the first HDD on a computer. Which is now showing the exact same error ! I think this TV media thing can stay on something else than HDD. If I'm right then this problem isn't over by a long shot.

Can I be right ??