DVD burner cant pull out the case

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

DVD burner cant pull out the case

Post by isapiens »

I was bored today so i decided to disassemble my desktop computer. I have never done this before so i am really enjoying it. I took everything out, including the motherboard.

I cant seem to figure out how to take the dvd burner out. Is it possible that I have to take the entire cage out first before i can take the burner out?

My main goal is to start customizing my pc case for no reason. I found this hd mod on internet.
http://case-mods.linear1.org/hard-drive-window-2/4/
did anyone ever do this? I assume its not good for you hard drive, but it will look pretty cool.[/url]
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, strange...either there are screws on the side or it is drawer (but that's not very likely for 5.25", it's more a 3.5" HDD thingy).

can you maybe post a pic? :-k

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Its the drive up top. I removed the latches. The dvd drive moves like half an inch and then stops. I could apply more force but dont want to break anything. Everything else came out pretty easy, you know.

Let me know if you need a different angle. I am using my cellphone camera cuz i am poor.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I bet it's one of those levers, I guess the right one....simply move it to the right and see what happens.. :wink:
my first case also had some kind of clamping mechanism, the intention behind such mechanisms is that you don't need screws... :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I am sure the thing comes out very simple like. Its figuring it out first, that is not an insult. I have seen many that were tricky. It will one of those "oh hell!" moments. Try taking off both computer panels on the case. Might also need to figure out the lever mechanics.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

haha you are so right it was one of those "o hell" moments!
I thought you gota pull it right, but you pull it left . But you gota take the front panel off first. The picture will make it more sense.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe....don't worry, happens to anyone from time to time... :lol:
once I couldn't figure out why an Apache setting isn't working, I worked on it for hours and googled my ass off....until I noticed that I simply forgot to restart Apache order to use the new config... :lol:

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

In those instances, when you had enough after hours of work..you walk away for a few hours. I find a driving around, a shower or even taking a crap it will come to you. These are my favorite thinking places, sad i know, but I believe the toilet has some mystical powers of knowledge. I wonder how many great ideas are born on "the throne" ?

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Now you got to put the whole computer back together. Its a good time to clean all the dust off the heat sinks. I use compressed air cans, spraying in small burst or a vacuum attachment.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

yep. thats what i did. I also decided to leave the case open. A bit more noise, but my GPU temp dropped considerably from 90 to 70 during gaming. I got no airflow in this small old school case. One of these days i am gona go big and by a full tower case.