I just got banned for being pro

About your favorite games!
Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

n3rd wrote: Even so, people can say camping is lame but the fact remains that I kill and they dont, so how can it be portraiyed as a bad thing?
Let's say we are both pro camper on a 1v1...

What an entertaining game... :roll:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Nerdz wrote:
n3rd wrote: Even so, people can say camping is lame but the fact remains that I kill and they dont, so how can it be portraiyed as a bad thing?
Let's say we are both pro camper on a 1v1...

What an entertaining game... :roll:
Thats the differrence between entertainment and profesional performance.

entertainment is to pass time imo, being pro means to win and show you want to be the best.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I tend to agree with Nerdz, if the definition of pro legitimises camping as a strategy, then to be a player in a pro game would surly boil down to who had the most time to spend at the keyboard.

Consider this hypothetical 1 vs 1 'pro' game, it would never stop, you could safely AFK to relieve yourself knowing that you are not being hunted at all but rather booby trapped in a venue that you are not.

To argue for sniping, snipers include in their skill sets patience yes... among stalking, which involves some measure of movement I can attest.

Finally, I feel (notice this beginning is indicative of a personal opinion rather then a fact to be accepted) if you are not playing a game for entertainment then you have lost the point of playing in practice, if not concept as well.

For the record I don't care that you're a camper, I don't have some deep seated need for you to even acknowledge my point of view or opinions, and I am not criticising the way you play your games. This is not an attack on you personally, or anyone else who spends their time in a manner other then how I would spend mine... it's an opinion. Take it, leave it, tell me to shove it up my ass if you need to, but for christ sake do me the same courtesy... I have seen too many time how these things get blown out of proportion and turn into full scale arguments because someone takes something too seriously.

Happy camping ;)

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

lilrofl wrote:I tend to agree with Nerdz, if the definition of pro legitimises camping as a strategy, then to be a player in a pro game would surly boil down to who had the most time to spend at the keyboard.

Consider this hypothetical 1 vs 1 'pro' game, it would never stop, you could safely AFK to relieve yourself knowing that you are not being hunted at all but rather booby trapped in a venue that you are not.

To argue for sniping, snipers include in their skill sets patience yes... among stalking, which involves some measure of movement I can attest.

Finally, I feel (notice this beginning is indicative of a personal opinion rather then a fact to be accepted) if you are not playing a game for entertainment then you have lost the point of playing in practice, if not concept as well.

For the record I don't care that you're a camper, I don't have some deep seated need for you to even acknowledge my point of view or opinions, and I am not criticising the way you play your games. This is not an attack on you personally, or anyone else who spends their time in a manner other then how I would spend mine... it's an opinion. Take it, leave it, tell me to shove it up my ass if you need to, but for christ sake do me the same courtesy... I have seen too many time how these things get blown out of proportion and turn into full scale arguments because someone takes something too seriously.

Happy camping ;)
All valid point :), but I used to make money of off gaming. So that creates another view right ;)

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

n3rd wrote: All valid point :), but I used to make money of off gaming. So that creates another view right ;)
Perhaps, but in that case the revenge angle is somewhat unwarranted, as a ban represents a break in revenue. The primary goal of business is to increase revenue, leaving that the creation of a new account should be an uppermost priority so as too continue future income. Besides, revenge rarely solves anything... although I do understand the temptation of instant gratification, and the frustration involved in forgoing those gratifications.

but yes, play for business does change the dynamic of game, however game should not change the dynamic of business, and in business loss is overcome by progress, not stagnation.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

lilrofl wrote:
n3rd wrote: All valid point :), but I used to make money of off gaming. So that creates another view right ;)
Perhaps, but in that case the revenge angle is somewhat unwarranted, as a ban represents a break in revenue. The primary goal of business is to increase revenue, leaving that the creation of a new account should be an uppermost priority so as too continue future income. Besides, revenge rarely solves anything... although I do understand the temptation of instant gratification, and the frustration involved in forgoing those gratifications.

but yes, play for business does change the dynamic of game, however game should not change the dynamic of business, and in business loss is overcome by progress, not stagnation.
revenge is sweet, I dont need the money persé, I can live for 2 years not being able to work XD so .... revenge can be fun :P

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

n3rd wrote:...revenge is sweet ...... revenge can be fun :P
Again I will not argue for revenge as a productive expression, fun perhaps, sweet... rarely as sweet as planning for revenge would suggest.

So what we have is a difference of opinion... which is fine

Cheers :D

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

And the logic reward goes to... lilrofl!!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

K ever had retards from a customer service?

watch this:
Dear Sir / Madam,

Please forward me any evidence you have of me hacking, because I do not believe a single word of it.
I have always been fair in the game, and legit. If I am hacking, then what about other players that are equally as good as I am, for instance ArangChaoo. He is a real life friend whom I know for 17 years.
I recently talked to him how crowded wolfteam has gotten with hackers. and now I am paying the price for them on the fact of being good?

Seriously I dont mind being banned, its a good indicator that my life has taken the wrong turn and that I should focus a bit more on my personal life instead of getting addicted to a game.

The only reason I can think of that I received this ban is due to the fact that I camp in the map Arrival on WolfTeam. its a lame way to get an insane score.
But I would like to see proof, that is if you even have any.

Alas my last words on this, I know that Aeriagames has the right to ban someone without a valid reason, however I would appreciate it to clear my name. I hope we can be reasonable from both fronts and solve this matter.

with regards,
Thats what I sent, this is what I got as a response:
Hello,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately we have valid evidence that you have
used hacks. We will not lift this ban. Thank you and have a nice day.

-Team Aeria
i asked them to provide proof.... I know they claim they have shit...then provide it otherwise its based upon bias.

man, educated people are so hard to find nowadays.

/rant

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

gogeta70 wrote:And the logic reward goes to... lilrofl!!!
thank you, thank you... *takes bow*

I'd like to thank my moms... and my pop... and all dem little guys, whacha-call-ems... midgets... that's right, I'd like to thank the midgets :lol:

all in humor, no offense to midgets of course :wink:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

@n3rd this reminded me of a WOW ban I read about... it's pretty crazy, but remarkably similar to your case

Code: Select all

www.infernix.net/wowban/

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

nice read, the guy actually is from the country I live in, so he should just visit their office here. to bad I can not do that for my situation...I would have raised hell in that office XD.

f4Gg0t_43
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

This is why I like counter strike, where there's usually a 2-3 minute timer for each round. Most people in any fps I've played hate campers, sometimes even more then hackers, so if your camping in EVERY round in a pub, I wouldn't blame them banning you.

ntpacker

Post by ntpacker »

Aeriagames
its not you, its the game service provider. They suck much.
They even ban players for over buying POTS (last chaos) as suspected for bots.
They also ban players as HUNTING in the same spot for hours as suspected for bots.

Yes, they won't provide any proof.
All their GMs came from being their players.

So, don't wonder why.