anyone here on a hackingt0sh?

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Pong18 wrote:hmm never saw that... maybe its because i hate mac and its over proprietary code. seeing it on my machine irritated me. i also hate windows but at least windows allows you to install their product regardless the machine you use. ahihihi ^^,

stop using closed source and start supporting open source and help technology grow for the better good of humanity and technology.
Apple lets you install their products on any machine, like iTunes, Safari etc.

And OSX is designed for MACs only, using it on any non apple machine is against their license agreement(yeah like we ever read those), so your hatred is not justified.

Personally i think its great that the guys know both their software and hardware and thus are able to get maximum performance from hardware. And design one keeping in mind another, which gives it amazing stability.

Snow leopard has been made more efficient instead of adding more bells and whistles, like windows.. Its faster, takes 6gb less space than leopard and it boots up and shut downs really quick, quicker than before..(shuts down at blink of an eye)

Macs dont have "Ok", "Cancel" and "apply" buttons, any change you made is applied instantly, and if you need to cancel just revert it back, and want to ok, just close it.. and more over, no balloons or paper clips. No drivers required.
Those are a few of many things i love about macs.

Well, sometimes people dont mind dining in expensive restaurants because the food is better tasting and the ambience.. similarly i dont mind paying more for a mac

And for the record my macbook has 2 gb ddr3 ram which performs much better than windows7 2.5 gb laptop(even the games), and heats less.. and with the sleek LED display, and 7 hour battery backup, it just cant get better.
Last edited by pseudo_opcode on 11 Nov 2009, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

pseudo_opcode wrote:For example in my home itself i have 3 different machines for different roles

i use
Snow leopard - Macbook looks great very simple and efficient good for work
Windows 7 - on my gaming machine, i only play games on this and nothing else
Linux - Data-center for my development/media and other shit
nice selection pal :wink:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

yes , I have hackintosh

IATKOS V7 fully working , I have installed for over 6 months now on PC with intel pentuim 4 , motherboard gigabyte , and network card realtek ( ethernet ) . it can install updates from mac updates with no problem .

internet : yes
sound : yes
bluetooth : yes

this is tripleboot on same PC ---> ubuntu - xp - macosx (IATKOS V7 , it is leopard )

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Your reasons for using a Mac are lame.

My computer costs 1/2 as much as the most expensive Mac and benchmarks probably 1/3 better. Oh, and Debian/XP/Vista works top notch on it as well AND it can do everything and more that a Mac can do. I don't hate Macs, but I really dislike it when people call it superior. You're just brainwashed, fan boy.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Big-E wrote:Your reasons for using a Mac are lame.

My computer costs 1/2 as much as the most expensive Mac and benchmarks probably 1/3 better. Oh, and Debian/XP/Vista works top notch on it as well AND it can do everything and more that a Mac can do. I don't hate Macs, but I really dislike it when people call it superior. You're just brainwashed, fan boy.
Big-E = my hero
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

well for 1, my windows vista crashes daily XD, my mac doesnt haha
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

Big-E wrote:Oh, and Debian/XP/Vista works top notch on it as well AND it can do everything and more that a Mac can do.
While i do hate fanboys as much as you do Big-E I have to argue this point for one key reason: Mac has Cocoa. Yes it probably has a whole list of problems that you will have no trouble finding but a big thing is that if you really get to know this API you can seriously make some bad ass looking apps that work great. I have seen Mac just eat away at ram but i know that it runs faster than all get out. The apps on it just look and feel amazing and all the things you can do with it are just cool. I remember a magazine article about a crap ton of features from mac linux and windows that were listed as highly recommended for all OSs on the market. Its an old article but my point is that windows only had one feature better than linux and mac lol so yes you windows machine can do everything but can it do more than a mac: no. Both have some advantages and disadvantages mate. dont rule Mac out as a valued OS just because the hardware that your supposed to use it on is so expensive and o is it fucking expensive lol

Like i said i hate fanboys just as much as you. I also agree on the hardware price. BUTTTT I am a big supporter of running hackintosh. Its become very stable and its getting to be pretty bad ass dude
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

Kind of an old thread, but allow me:
Pong18 wrote:stop using closed source and start supporting open source and help technology grow for the better good of humanity and technology.
You say this and continue to use Windows yourself? Hm, what's the word for that again?
pseudo_opcode wrote:Yeah every OS has its pros and cons, windows is widely used therefore it has so many issues.
More users may make issues more apparent, but many of the problems are technical. Take for example the fact that Windows has to be (or else it won't let you install the next update / piece of software) rebooted every other software update or installation.
pseudo_opcode wrote:I am sure if mac or linux is used as much as windows, they will have problems and viruses too.
There are problems with every OS, but the reason that Unix operating systems are not as easily infected by viruses and malware is also (mostly) technical. It's related to user permissions.
pseudo_opcode wrote:Bad thing about mac, Game developers say they dont have enough mac clients to profit from so they dont release mac versions...(most of them)
This is too bad indeed. It's the same thing with other Unices.
pseudo_opcode wrote:Before you all jump and say linux pwns, i'd say the only reason its a hackers' OS is because its free,hackable, opensource.. and some other stuff..
Well, I'm sold.
pseudo_opcode wrote:every OS is hackable, you just need to know how, whether its windows, mac or linux.
And you can do everything in all of them.
I vehemently disagree. Windows is hardly hackable. It does not compare to my Linux and FreeBSD machines where I can find the purpose of pretty much every file on my filesystem and trace back the source of pretty much everything that happens on my machine and edit it (legally). Hence customizability.
pseudo_opcode wrote:Apple lets you install their products on any machine, like iTunes, Safari etc.
Yeah, thanks Apple for iTunes on Windows :lol:
pseudo_opcode wrote:And OSX is designed for MACs only, using it on any non apple machine is against their license agreement(yeah like we ever read those), so your hatred is not justified.
It's a pretty severe limitation.
pseudo_opcode wrote:Personally i think its great that the guys know both their software and hardware and thus are able to get maximum performance from hardware. And design one keeping in mind another, which gives it amazing stability.
They're making it easier for themselves by locking the users of their operating systems in their hardware which is pretty clever.
pseudo_opcode wrote:Macs dont have "Ok", "Cancel" and "apply" buttons, any change you made is applied instantly, and if you need to cancel just revert it back, and want to ok, just close it.. and more over, no balloons or paper clips. No drivers required.
Those are a few of many things i love about macs.
I haven't used Macs much but I can agree that the user interface is nice. Especially for less technical users. I would probably buy them for my family members if they weren't so ridiculously expensive.