anyone here on a hackingt0sh?

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
hpprinter100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

anyone here on a hackingt0sh?

Post by hpprinter100 »

anyone here successfully instsalled mac on a PC? cos i tried a while back and failed lol.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Gizmodo had a article today on a new piece of software that will let you run Mac OSX on any computer (with a certain processor ofcourse, but thats about it) check it here:

Code: Select all

http://gizmodo.com/5387915/psystars-50-software-lets-you-put-snow-leopard-on-a-non+hacked-pc
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

wha...why would you do that... I mean... that is the opposite of what is good...

I have a friend who installed mac OS on a laptop, I'll ask him when I see him next (which may be as long as Monday)

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

lilrofl wrote:wha...why would you do that... I mean... that is the opposite of what is good...

I have a friend who installed mac OS on a laptop, I'll ask him when I see him next (which may be as long as Monday)
Well some people are not that tech savvy, so this is a cheap alternative to install a mac on a regular PC.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Ok I made the call and he told me that he just followed the instructions found @

http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/install-snow-leopard-on-a-pcs-the-easy-way/
While I can't say that I have ever done it, I've seen him running MacOS so it seems reliable =)

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

I have

Post by maboroshi »

I was running the Hackintosh for about a month but had to figure something out on windows so I formatted my drive maybe I will install it again. It was a lot of trouble shooting for me also

hpprinter100

Post by hpprinter100 »

i got 2 hard drives so one will be mac and the other partitoned to windows and linux, will grub detect mac?

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

It appears it has been done with some tweaking

http://odkq.com/wind_u100.html

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

tried it once but never liked it having no command line sucks ass! though it is a very stable OS, i'd much rather prefer 1 where i can play around with, mess up, and fix. that's why i settled for dual boot of Nux and MS.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Pong18 wrote:tried it once but never liked it having no command line sucks ass! though it is a very stable OS, i'd much rather prefer 1 where i can play around with, mess up, and fix. that's why i settled for dual boot of Nux and MS.
mac has a terminal :S

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

hmm never saw that... maybe its because i hate mac and its over proprietary code. seeing it on my machine irritated me. i also hate windows but at least windows allows you to install their product regardless the machine you use. ahihihi ^^,

stop using closed source and start supporting open source and help technology grow for the better good of humanity and technology.

bozotheclown138

Post by bozotheclown138 »

hey also does anyone know if the mac "pc distro" on the piratebay works or not?

bozotheclown138

Post by bozotheclown138 »

hah what can i say? im a torrent guy

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Pong18 wrote:hmm never saw that... maybe its because i hate mac and its over proprietary code. seeing it on my machine irritated me. i also hate windows but at least windows allows you to install their product regardless the machine you use. ahihihi ^^,

stop using closed source and start supporting open source and help technology grow for the better good of humanity and technology.
well each OS has its pro's and Con's

I like working with Mac's because the system is uber stable, no reboots required unless you update software. as for supported software, all I need is an Office suite, so that I can create texts and sheets etc.

Also VLC supports all media formats so on the entertainment area im supplied as well :).

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

I used to run OS X on my old intel pc, but i upgraded to AMD so it wont work on AMD,

Well i recently bought a Macbook Pro(snow leopard)

I just love my macbook, it might be too lame for hackers because the moment you press the on button, everything just works.

Drag and drop and you install applications, drag and drop and you remove applications.

Thats how simple mac is in general.

I am really stuck with my amd, i wish i had bought a mac mini instead.

Yeah every OS has its pros and cons, windows is widely used therefore it has so many issues.

I am sure if mac or linux is used as much as windows, they will have problems and viruses too.

Bad thing about mac, Game developers say they dont have enough mac clients to profit from so they dont release mac versions...(most of them)

Before you all jump and say linux pwns, i'd say the only reason its a hackers' OS is because its free,hackable, opensource.. and some other stuff..

Well mac may not be free but its based on unix, and every OS is hackable, you just need to know how, whether its windows, mac or linux.
And you can do everything in all of them.

So i think every OS is good and bad in its own way, just chose one according to your preference. For example in my home itself i have 3 different machines for different roles

i use
Snow leopard - Macbook looks great very simple and efficient good for work
Windows 7 - on my gaming machine, i only play games on this and nothing else
Linux - Data-center for my development/media and other shit