What aren't spam post deleted?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

What aren't spam post deleted?

Post by lilrofl »

I was just noticing that spam is not deleted, rather then just chastised and locked. Is it as an example to others, or is there another reason that makes sense.

If it is as an example to others, perhaps they should be congregated in a single location so that they do not clutter up the usable, more valuable material in the forums.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

spam posts ARE deleted. most are already gone after a few minutes, so most users don't even notice. depending on what staff member found the spam post it can happen that it's just locked, but those posts/threads are also deleted sooner or later...they stay a little as bad example for other users... :wink:

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

without enforcing disciplinary actions the world will be in chaos!

@b_b: we are all lucky because we have a good forum leader! thank you for practicing good leadership.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I thought as much, it seemed illogical to do otherwise. I think I just needed to read it so that I wouldn't curse my screen every time I ran across a random and useless piece of garbage

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

thanks Pong, but it's not just me....all staff members delete spam posts, I'm very happy I have that support from them...:)
sometimes it's just not 100% clear if a post should be labeled spam or not, and before a staff member deletes a valid post they wait until I had a look at it.... :wink: