American TV shows are racist

Our very own fight club!
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

bad_brain wrote:
damn you, I'm not that far yet, House on german TV is 1 season behind...no House spoilers anymore please... :lol: :P

You are kidding me right ?? How far are you ? Painless ? I have one word for you B_B "download". Jeez!! You will honestly wait a year after this season to watch the sixth season ?? If it was upto me, I would break into the director's house :D

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Really? Enough of this. Look at will smith, look at denzel washington, look at morgan freeman. All top-notch actors who are often the heroes of movies.

I don't watch tv very much at all, but your entire argument is completely ridiculous, given the basis of your opinion (6 tv shows & events which were all interpreted by YOU).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

gogeta70 wrote:Really? Enough of this. Look at will smith, look at denzel washington, look at morgan freeman. All top-notch actors who are often the heroes of movies.

I don't watch tv very much at all, but your entire argument is completely ridiculous, given the basis of your opinion (6 tv shows & events which were all interpreted by YOU).
Im not talking about movies, because those are entirely different, this topic is purely about tv shows :)

my point is, that the diversity within shows in which the main character is black...is ber limited.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, look what the statistics say n3rd:
Population
39.2 million
As of July 1, 2004, the estimated population of black residents in the United States, including those of more than one race. They made up 13.4 percent of the total U.S. population.
so, if between 1 and 2 of 10 people in series are black it's a reflection of society. to artificially raise the quota would already be a form of racism again, because it would be like "they are too stupid to do it own their own, so we have to establish a quota".
:wink:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

@ b_b

HA! that's a pretty good argument, very good infact.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

bad_brain wrote:well, look what the statistics say n3rd:
Population
39.2 million
As of July 1, 2004, the estimated population of black residents in the United States, including those of more than one race. They made up 13.4 percent of the total U.S. population.
so, if between 1 and 2 of 10 people in series are black it's a reflection of society. to artificially raise the quota would already be a form of racism again, because it would be like "they are too stupid to do it own their own, so we have to establish a quota".
:wink:
and the hispanics population? cus I dont believe that the rest of those stats is populated by white people :P

you have a point, but still.....my question remains, why do they always kill the black people in tv shows? cus thats what happens more often then that white people get killed.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: American TV shows are racist

Post by ayu »

n3rd wrote: Smallville: The black dude gets killed from the cast
If you're talking about Pete, he doesn't die.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bozotheclown138

Post by bozotheclown138 »

dude half the time the black is heroic guy who sacrifices himself for the good of everyone else, and look at any comedian (ralphy may) for instance may make fun of himself but gives shit to other races too, and south park=cartman enough said no one has cared about this for years and probably no one ever will. just my thought on this

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: American TV shows are racist

Post by n3rd »

cats wrote:
n3rd wrote: Smallville: The black dude gets killed from the cast
If you're talking about Pete, he doesn't die.
wrong context :P, he gets " killed " from the cast, not in the show. (A)

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

bozotheclown138 wrote:dude half the time the black is heroic guy who sacrifices himself for the good of everyone else, and look at any comedian (ralphy may) for instance may make fun of himself but gives shit to other races too, and south park=cartman enough said no one has cared about this for years and probably no one ever will. just my thought on this
Im just bummed caus they kill of these characters that give the show the flair it deserves.

bozotheclown138

Post by bozotheclown138 »

haha that is true i always hate it when they kill the coolest character

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

n3rd wrote:my question remains, why do they always kill the black people in tv shows?
Simple answer, they don't.