Security Central [What a Faker]

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Security Central [What a Faker]

Post by DrVirus »

Hey guys, What a day it has been so far !! See what happened was some guy called me up at 8 o'clock in the morning !!! I was obviously in deep sleep. But I picked up anyway. And immediately he starts screaming that his computer has been Hijacked by viruses. They are not letting him do anything at all. He can't even google the problem cause his browsers are 'hacked' by viruses etc. At first it was actually making sense to me. (partly because I was still dreaming about Natalie Portman) But anyway I showed up and it was my old friend Security Central with 41 alerts. And it was as usual not allowing anyone to access any exe file which it was claiming to be infected with Win32/Blaster.worm. Including MS Paint :mrgreen:

And as usual it wont let anyone do anything unless it was activated with money. So I did what I do. Pulled up rkill.com (not a website it's a tool) provided by my all time fav bleepingcomputers. Which after a few runs managed to kill the process (Security Central wont let u use task manager or process explorer) after that it was pretty simple. Used an anti malware tool to detect and destroy.
I wanted to find out which malware downloaded the damn thing. But since it had 170 other infections apart from Security Central I didn't bother searching for more.
And to top all this, I didn't even get paid. :cry: It was one of those "do me a favor" jobs.

Anyway for those who havn't heard of Security Central and wondering What the hell it is,
Security Central is a rogue anti-spyware program that uses deceptive advertising and aggressive techniques to protect itself from removal. This program is installed without your consent through the use of malware that when executed, silently downloads and installs Security Central in the background and then launches the program. Once the program is launched it will scan your computer and then display a variety of false infections that were supposedly detected. It will not, though, allow you to remove any of these infections without first purchasing the program. These infections are all not really there, so you do not need to be concerned as Security Central is just trying to scare you into purchasing the program. To protect itself, Security Central will not allow you to run executable programs any anti-malware programs until the process is terminated.
Now you know :wink:

DrV

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I would ask for payment simply because of the fact that you don't call people that early in the morning >_> it should be against the law!
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Sort of reminds me of brontok A, which restarts the computer if any of it's blacklisted apps are searched for, loaded up etc. antivirus, antimalware, it's name... there were a lot of reasons it just up and restarted.

Not a big deal really, except for the world ending phone call at 0800, believe me, I've had my share lol.

Good story, thanks for the share =)
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

by 8 am i have already taken my first break. up at 5 to be at work by 6.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Kirk wrote:by 8 am i have already taken my first break. up at 5 to be at work by 6.
Good point, good point, I remember the 0500 wake all to well, Sometimes I forget that people have life outside of computing (I'm pretty much on vacation right now) after the move I'll be back on the 0500 wake up schedule again I'm sure lol.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Kirk wrote:by 8 am i have already taken my first break. up at 5 to be at work by 6.
Some people can wake up early. I can't :mrgreen: . I usually work at night when I work, so I can sleep late. It's a personal thing :D.

Kirk, your working too hard man :D. Don't get stressed now.