best firewall and AV

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!

What is the best protection kit in ur opinion ?

Kaspersky 6.0 with Anti-Hacker 1.9
45%
Norton internet security 2006
36%
Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro
No votes
BITDEFENDER
18%

Total votes: 11

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

best firewall and AV

Post by zigo »

ok we see loads and loads of antivirus and firewalls but can we actulay coutn on any of them to protect us from hackers and spamers in my opinion kaspersky is a ver good Av and the anti-Hacker that comes with it is very powerfull and easy to use . but as we know there is no perfect software.. but it's of course bettrer then any norton version or mcaffe .

please leave a feedback when choose a option in the poll so we can shar opinions .

H4evr
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by H4evr »

I use NOD32 and Sygate Personal Firewall Pro. I like them very much.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I use Norton 2005. of course it´s not free from annoying behaviour sometimes, but when you know which services you can disable in msconfig it's pretty resource-friendly. I tested a couple of desktop firewalls already and there´s no app which is all good. Panda Internet Security for example is often a winner in tests, but for me it´s a total piece of crap.
there´s nothing better than netfilter/iptables on *nix.... :)

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by zigo »

bad_brain m8 i agree with you.. but in my opinion if u know hwo to deal with ur softwares and u know what kind of software u use as u said msconfig is usefeul and there is another firewal that i cudnt add int he poool i dont know why lol i added the option but it didnt show up lol it's Black ICe this firewall is just amazing no anoying popups http://www.blackice.com .... it works very good but i dotn fid the free version anymore of the firewall . :(

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

When it comes to protecting my pc, i leave that to the russians, kaspersky rules. norton sux bigtime and macafee(sp?) is nice as well.
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.