Access lan behind router

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
shan75
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Access lan behind router

Post by shan75 »

is it possible to access the LAN behind a router from the outside? if so, how can it be done? :?:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

The LAN is protected by the router acting as a NAT. From the outside - the internet can only see the IP of the router. The NAT works because the connection was initiated by a computer on the LAN - so the router knows how to forward the traffic. If the router gets a packet and does not find a connection requested by one of the computers on the LAN - it'll drop it.

So your choices:
1. take control of the router, and put yourself in the NAT/DNS/Gateway - so you are inside the loop

2. take control of a computer inside the LAN - so it does your work inside the LAN

3. a wifi AP might be installed on that LAN, you can view all the devices on the LAN.

Trying to scan internal IPs also does not work because of the IP class they use - 192.168.0.1, 10.10.10.0, 172.000.000.000 - those 'default' IPs are considered by the Internet Authority as non-internet routable IPs, they are meant for private use and any scans for those IPs on the internet are dropped at the border routers. If you are attached to the private network that uses these non-internet routable IPs, you can scan that range.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

shan75
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by shan75 »

I connect the router over telnet i have also got the LAN IPs... yes i get control over the router but i can't put myself in the NAT/DNS/Gateway nor take control of a computer inside the LAN... How can i do this????