Suck-o V 2.0 opening date moved!!

Announcements and for questions/problems..
moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

Definitely there is a huge sum of effort being put to release the new version into public.
Good luck on that :)
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

leetnigga
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by leetnigga »

Unless the hashes use the same algorithm and the only difference is syntax, you're not going to be able to convert a hash.

On this second login you are going to hash the input password and put that in the forum user table? If that's the case I don't see what's stopping you from doing that on the first login (after confirming that it's the correct login for the main site).

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

leetnigga wrote:On this second login you are going to hash the input password and put that in the forum user table? If that's the case I don't see what's stopping you from doing that on the first login (after confirming that it's the correct login for the main site).

That's what we are working on at the moment. We want to explore the already built in functionality first though.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

sure, in theory that's no big deal, what makes it complicated is the fact that we are dealing with code that was not written by us, plus with 2 separate databases. the needed query would also not be THAT simple because a "first login identifier" is needed to avoid unnecessary overhead on every login.

but well, all that is definitely not as complicated as identifying the problem itself was....seems I was a naughty boy this year, thanks Santa... :lol: