global warming....not.

Our very own fight club!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

global warming....not.

Post by bad_brain »

well, when you hear "greenpeace" you usually think about people that want to save the planet, right? but their "global warming" hysteria looks more and more like a business idea to raise money.

here's a nice video where Lord Monckton shows up one of those "activists" that are soooo worried about the (non-existant) global warming:

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

It's amazing how the masses are retarded. I still remember an episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit, where they went to a greenpeace protest and started a petition to ban H2O (water) saying something like: "This H2O chemical is very common, a lot of people and animals use it every day, please sign here to ban it already and save the world". They got around a 100 signatures or so. It's funny and sad at the same time :lol: :cry:

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Ask someone "how do you know this?"
They say "I read the news and talk to people"

Ask the newspapers "Where did you learn this?"
They say "Well... From other newspapers"

Goes on forever. Applies everywhere. :roll:

JohnB
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by JohnB »

While I agree some people do jump on the righeous band wagon too quickly (as ph0bYx suggests) I do believe climate change is happening.

Take a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8376286.stm

One such example of hysteria was where someone on a TV show convinced celebrities to campign against a "made up" drug called cake. Obviously there was no such thing yet they made pleas to children to not try it.

Sprich mit mir!

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

OMG :x , I can't believe you guys, Global Warming is drawing to a point where its almost too late to reverse the damage we've done in the past 2-3 years. Have you done any research on it before posting this stuff!!! Sure some stupid companies decided to take advantage of it and make some extra bucks, but they take advantage of everything, I just, wow, I dont believe this. It's becouse of people like you that this planet and ecosystem is collapsing all around us!!! And nobody even cares, the global temperature is skyrocketing to the point were the line on a graph is going straight up, and your simply saying it doesnt excist!!!! How can you live on this earth, destroy it like it belongs to you and thinking you can simply replace it like a new computer!!! And then not only not try to fix it, or even stop it, BUT CLAIMING IT DOESNT EXCIST!!!!! :evil: I cant believe you would even say it. There are thousands of extinct species, tens of tousands on the endangered list, and nobody even gives a -*-. Just dont even say anything if you dont know what your talking about :x Wow, I just cant believe I just read this...
Share what I know, Learn What I dont.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Ok. Give us the sources for your information. I mean credible scientific experiments that detail the procedures taken to lead them to the results that they are sharing - so that we may analyze these and come to our own conclusions about the results and the way they were achieved.

Inform us, instead of bitching and doing nothing, mkay?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

waringers, I believe what Lord Monckton says, simply because he's surely not someone that would say something like that without being able to prove it....that guy was a consultant for Maggie Thatcher, so he's surely experienced enough not to make an idiot out of himself by telling wrong facts. and hey, if he is wrong why nobody of the usual suspects entered the stage yet and took the opportunity to get loads of free PR by proving Lord Monckton lies?

also, people that have analyzed the data leaked in the Climate Research Unit (CRU) hack in november 2009 also all say "global warming" is a bogus, the hysteria about global warming is simply a nice business where loads of money can be made....I mean, what can be cooler than to act like being Robin Hood but instead of giving the money to the poor you keep it for yourself?
here is the leaked data btw:
http://www.pi-news.net/downloads/FOI2009.zip

and here's an interview with Lord Monckton:

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

mmmm i don't know waringer have a point
i mean we are hearing about north pole meltdown
catastrophic changes in global temperature, i know that from the changes that accrues in the temperature and the weather where i live...
i don't know, but i think we must do some research about it...
i mean i do really like to know that the global warming is a lie, but we can deny the fact the appears around us... :wink: :wink:
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

sure l0ngb1t, but climate change happens already since millions of years....check the last link I've posted, it's very interesting what the guy has to say... :wink:

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

yeah sure thing CO2 is propagating since the beginning of life
but no one can deny how much it increased lately and how bad are the effects :wink:
and we know the reason of that...
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, once again I have to quote Lord Monckton: the temperature has decreased 0.05 degrees in the last 10 years... :wink:
there always have been floods, heavy rainfalls, etc., but now every time such a thing happens: "oh, global warming!"
this was most likely a little before your time, but the ones in my age surely remember the same kind of hysteria we had about 20 years ago already, where the same "activists" that announce the end of the world now announced that all trees will die in the next couple of years because of the evil "acid rain"....now look outside, I bet there are still trees...^^

the public image of greenpeace is "they are the good ones that want to save the earth, because they are good", but people tend to forget that such organizations need money to exist, and the more the people are scared the more money such organizations make....for me "global warming" is nothing but a nice business idea. and of course the governments even support the paranoia, because there is nothing better than a citizen's brain filled with an irrational fear about the future that overlocks the real problems caused by the government.

ok, of course mankind should stop pollution and switch to environmental-friendly energy sources, but to raise a hysteria without any facts is completely counterproductive because it only leads to half-assed pseudo solutions....the only ones that have a benefit of such a situation are again the governments and the bank accounts of organizations like greenpeace.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Let me put it in my perspective.

It is no lie, we DO need to change our habits with regards to how we treat out planet. This is factual.

It is no lie that the green movement has been hijacked for the prosperity of Multi-National Corporate Conglomerates.

What it comes down to picking and choosing what you want to believe. Don't let someone else influence your thoughts, just come to your own conclusion using rational thinking and deduction. Also realize that not everything in the world can be quantified.

Yes, some data was faked with regards to climate change. However, the C02 emissions and how it effects the environment have not be falsified. This is the truth, just go to any major city to see the effects.

The climate "scare" is just another way to control the masses. I am of the opinion there are 3 main ways to control people - through Religion/Beliefs, Government and the Economy. Never before have we had any event that falls under all 3 control methods.. until now - the Green Movement. I believe it is single handedly the biggest threat to our freedom. Its currently one of my main areas of interest right now.

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

You guys want proof, Im not gonna spend all day sending you through the whole web, Ill simply tell you to watch a movie, "the inconvinient truth". Of course you all will say, oh its just al gore, this is all his fault anyway, but go on ahead and check his sources, they are all valid, and from scientists, not journalists. If you want more videos, articles, anything, ill provide a page of links for you if you so wish. But I cant wrap my mind around the idea that there are still people out there who can claim it doesnt excist. The very idea juts blows my mind :o . I mean, our whole ecosystem is collapsing around us, animals are dying by the thoudands, the poles are melting, and who here can say that all these years of humans realeasing all this pollution into the atmosphere hasnt done anything to it. Have any of you guys been to New York, the whole city is covered in a permanent smog, or any other big city for that matter, ya all these cities look great in pictures, but if you actually go there, its a different story.
Inform us, instead of bitching and doing nothing, mkay?
I dont wish to be banned, so I wont respond to that, but if you want to take this to another friken forum, just ask otherwise dont start that kind of talk :?
And I am trying to inform you, but you arent listening, intead you choose to stick to your stubborn beliefes.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

relax gentlemen, it's just about the weather... :lol: :P

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

I dont mean to start anything, or make you mad when I say this, but no its not just the weather, its weather humanity will live to roam this earth in a couple hundred years, or not. That may sound like a bad scifi movie, but its whats going on now, al gore warned us, and therfore has given us a second chance, what we choose to do about it isnt up to the government, of green peace organizations, it comes down to every individual. Obviously I've chosen to do my part, and that is the same descision you all face today, go on destroying our planet without showing a hint of remorse, or decide to do something about it, and start over, and begin anew. My god, that was terrible, I sounded like a soap opera :lol:. But this is serous, and I cant stress enough how much I encourage you to change your mind, and realize the position the world is in at the moment.
Last edited by waringers on 06 Jan 2010, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.