Administrator

Post by Big-E »

bad_brain wrote:relax gentlemen, it's just about the weather... :lol: :P
Indeed. Today was a might fine day, a bit chilly even. lol

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Waringers, i would not ban you just for that. I wouldn't be a very good admin if i let emotions get in the way of judgement - and banning you because you have a difference of opinion is inappropriate.

Let me clarify what i meant when i said "Inform us, instead of bitching and doing nothing, mkay?".

You had an entire like two paragraphs of telling us we were wrong and how the world is going to hell. You kept repeating yourself again and again in that same post - and yet no one here learned anything except that you disagree. What i was telling you to do was to stop filling this topic with useless words and instead defend your opinion with solid information.

With that said - i will comment a little about this global warming issue.

I do believe global warming is here, i believe it is affecting our environment and that something does need to be done. I also believe that the government and organizations are pushing this too far - trying to instill fear in us about our environment with lies infused with a little information.

Simply, we need to take the provided information and separate the bullshit from the facts - and then come to our own conclusion.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

I understand and respect that, so if you are still interested, go on ahead and watch "the inconvinient truth". It covers what would take me a page of links to inform you. I know its by al gore, but he doesnt make it all up, yes he does use a lot of emotion to try to get you to side with him, but if you just ignore that part, and focus on the facts and graphs, youll find that its not all "bullshit". :wink:
Share what I know, Learn What I dont.

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Hello

Post by maboroshi »

I believe the weather has a lot to do with humans. Our nature has been consume in the masses and now we are paying the price you might think well its nice in my neighborhood so it must be nice every where. Well that's where your wrong.

Waringer is right have you ever been to new york and seen all the smog. Those aren't rain clouds

In St Louis a city I visited, God I was shocked they have that huge river and well, better not drink from it or go swimming in it.

How this is effecting the weather well you can't honestly say it is not IMHO.

My two cents

Maboroshi

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Well, I have never been to St.Luis, but Ive been to other cities, and ya, its the same in every big city, just disgusting, like plants have never even lived there, and the air was acidy and made my eyes water toward night time.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

It's very taxing on my patients when people actively jump on board and thoroughly support something without proper research.

The dataset that supports global warming is very small (150 years) in comparison with the overall active life cycle of the earths atmospheric systems (4.5 billion years). Mathematics is a system of patterns, and when very small datasets exist then actual scientific and mathematical examination cannot be done accurately. This is why you have many skeptics, and rightly so.

I have been sitting back, watching your retorts on how you support Global Warming but you have never suggested as to why? Why do you support these theories, please enlighten me?

The fact is, Environmentalism is a religion fueled by agnostic yuppies who are nothing more than puppets and you've been indoctrinated into their belief system. Like I have mentioned before, our practices with how we treat the planet must change but it must be on our own doing and not via this stupid fad of falsification and lies, fueled by the green movement which ultimately, is just another way to control us.

Inconvenient Truth? Fuck Hollywood.

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

I did not point toward that movie as a source for all the info you will ever need. I realize it is just a movie, I simply said that becouse I have watched it and it does have a lot of supporting evidence. And I thought it is also a more fun way to do your research, and I was a supporter of global warming long before the movie came out. Ive read many articles, and yes, I have looked at the other point of view.

I agree that some, well, a lot of componies decided to take advantage of a world wide crisis in order to make more money. Its what they do, and accusing humanities mistakes and damage on "hippies", is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Or in your case, its all a big conspirensy (sp). For me, simply looking at a couple graphs is enough to convince me that there is something wrong, I dont see how some can simply ignore it, or blame it on the ones trying to help.

Im not saying go out and spend your paycheck on green products, and buy a new house to prevent the end of the world, all Im saying is do your part. Ya Im sure youve heard all this ___ before, and its your choice, I choose to see whats going on and act accordingly, you choose to sit idely by and whine. Its a free country, help yourself :lol: .

And for patterns, you can look up the patterns and your right, the earth goes through an ice age, then warms up, over and over again, but when you look at whats happening now, its shocking, there is simply a curve in the pattern and it just starts going straight up. If it were going up any steeper it would start going backwards.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

It's your theory, you hold the burden of proof. Graphs are not proof; especially when they are often not scientifically sound. Please, show me some evidence, seeing has you have already done all this insurmountable research.

Secondly, the fact that you are unable to use a dictionary poses some serious questions as to the extent of your researching abilities.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have never much been a greenpeace fan nor have I ever been too concerned about global warming but that does not mean that I do not recognize it is not happening. The weather has become unstable. I mean just a week ago England received the coldest winder in over 30 years. Than I bet it is going to be too warm. It is too warm where I live too. The winters were usually really cold way bellow freezing but now it hardly seems to get there. Sure there are some days when the temperature falls way bellow freezing but that is just a short period of time. Nothing like back in the days. When ever we get some snow it soon melts because the weather changes so fast. I have never seen that. When snow feel it usually stayed through out the winter time now days it comes and goes.

One summer I remember it was raining through the whole August. I mean that has never happened. People came back from vacations and they said it sucked. I mean what was that some kind of weather prank.

This is how it has been now for the last few years. I think it is going to get a lot worse in the coming years.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Lycedevf, your life span reaches what? 20 years or so? Of those 20 years, you really only remember 15 and of those 15 years you where probably really only aware of the weather and your surroundings for 10-13 years. 10-13 years on the grand scale of things is not much, people around here regularly say the same thing and then my grand parents will say they remember it being like this back in the 1930's.

They have a saying, garbage in garbage out. Its a pun on the FIFO terminology and it`s highly applicable to the data mining industry. You get garbage for data, you will get garbage for results.

DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

Well Big-E maybe you are right. Maybe there is no global warming happening. Maybe it's just a big fuss made by developing countries to stop the growth of the developed countries. But from where I'm standing, I'll ask you to consider this.

Right now it's winter in India. The coldest winter in the last 10 years. In delhi the current highest temp is 10C. And it's about to rain and get colder. Now whether I know anything firm enough or not , I do know this. IT DOESN'T RAIN IN JANUARY. Not in Delhi. It's fog every where. The cities where it snows are recording highest snowfall in many years.

Now the significance of it is, last year was one of the hottest winters recorded in Indian History. Now I'll leave it upto the good judgment of all the educated and capable people in this forum whether it's natural or not.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well I lean toward the scientific point of view. Hell I work with 2 doctors that have a PhD in chemistry and they full believe that Global warming is a Fact. I hear about it on a weekly bases here at work "Its caused by man" they will say, and they can argue to death your side of the story making you look silly. When I say "you" in that last sentence I mean me. I carry on debates that leave me more impressed with there education that the original debate.

I can see that we all agree that global warming is political and very controversial. I think that its happening but, not sure if its natural or man made. We just don't have a lot of data although my boss thinks we do. My thought is since Energy can not be created or destroyed - only changes forms. Then we must be making some changes to the earths environment. You cant play a games in life and expect not to pay the price.

Nevertheless some numbers to think about.

• The earth has an atmosphere volume of 51 trillion cubic kilometers.
• Average car driven 16,100 kilometers per year produces 2.6 metric tons of Co2
• There are over 600 million motor vehicles in the world
• Water loves to absorb Co2. Solubility in water is 1.45 g/L at 25 °C, 100 kPa
• The volume of the ocean is 1,310,302 thousand cubic kilometers
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Read about the scientific research into Global Dimming, where instead of Carbon in the atmosphere making it hotter, it stops UV rays from entering the atmosphere. Secondly, check out Pan Evaporation. Both are prevalent scientific experiments.

Here is a list of skeptical scientists, some are experts in their field of study, that being climatology. Some have a PhD, some just a masters but they all have one thing in common. Global warming is taught as truth in schooling, so of course your Dr. friend would believe it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc ... al_warming

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Big-E wrote:Read about the scientific research into Global Dimming, where instead of Carbon in the atmosphere making it hotter, it stops UV rays from entering the atmosphere. Secondly, check out Pan Evaporation. Both are prevalent scientific experiments.

Here is a list of skeptical scientists, some are experts in their field of study, that being climatology. Some have a PhD, some just a masters but they all have one thing in common. Global warming is taught as truth in schooling, so of course your Dr. friend would believe it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc ... al_warming
You are correct my friend. That is why I mentioned the absorbency of Co2 in water above. I think that the ocean is a filter, sucking out co2. We need to drink more soda! :lol:

I still think that we are polluting the environment however. Businesses dump shit in rivers etc.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I don't deny that we are polluting motherfuckers, in fact I believe we are exactly that.

What I am insisting is that this whole global warming, where the temperatures are rising, is merely falsified.

There is MUCH political power to be attained. If you think about it, there are three main control structures in any given society. Belief System, Government System and Monetary System; never before have we had a global issue that has touched on all three of these systems at the same time. Think about that for awhile.