global warming....not.

Our very own fight club!
IceDane
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by IceDane »

waringers wrote:Yes, But Im not so sure about you :?
I haven't made a single comment in this thread, except the one where I doubt that you actually know what you're saying.

Hint: You don't. I'm not the only one who commented on your statement about gene modification, and those who didn't were simply too nice to do so. =)

It is not advisable to discuss matters which you know so little about.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I know, due to a lot of work I've been not very active in the last days, but I don't think there was some kind of "spokesman of the community" election, or have I missed something?

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

funny this.

So I don't really care about global warming, I should tell you why... but I'm not sure anyone cares. The fact that I don't care about it though is linked directly to my lack of involvement in this thread.

Now there's name calling, inflammatory speech accusations...

I think you all should slow down a bit, it is possible to debate, and discuss without these results.

Just a thought...

I return you to your regularly scheduled bickering :D
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

IceDane

Post by IceDane »

bad_brain wrote:I know, due to a lot of work I've been not very active in the last days, but I don't think there was some kind of "spokesman of the community" election, or have I missed something?
I'm not entirely sure where I was speaking for the community. I made an assumption based on the way people in this community act when someone is wrong, and pointed out that Big-E also commented on the fact that what waringers said was more or less complete bullshit.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

aawww.....bad day for the "church of global warming"....^^

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nised.html

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

bad_brain wrote:aawww.....bad day for the "church of global warming"....^^

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nised.html
Awww:

http://initforthegold.blogspot.com/2010 ... alism.html

I think the Daily Mail has been nicknamed the Daily Fail for that reason.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

what a miserable "I am not a liar, all others are...it's a conspiracy against me!" bullshit from a (proven) liar. all the data in the stolen emails have been faked, the interview too, blah, blah. disgusting how low people go when a lot of money is involved.

"it's about longer periods"...pfft...in clear text: "I can't prove anything, I just believe it is that way".

now let me prove that the temp has gone down in the last 10 years:

Code: Select all

2000 - 2010    -1
don't ask me for the evidence, my organization skills are not the best....my cat might have eaten the data...^^

and the BBC...tehe...they are well known for believing anyone that has some catastrophic scenarios to offer, I bet my ass they haven't checked anything that guy said. he's BBC's replacement for the former “world’s top climate scientist”:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6847227 ... hauri.html

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

I just wanted to throw out a few things..

Waringers, (I believe) species die out ALLLLLLLLLL the time.
They always have. (I believe...really, I'm pretty sure. More than pretty sure, even. I wonder how often new species are discovered. Even then, new species of "what"? Insects? Animals? Plants?)
(*edits the above so I can stay lazy and not give numbers)

Here's an opinion of mine:

I think this kinda stems from what I think is a global superiority complex.

I, personally, am a pretty optimistic person. I believe I can accomplish anything and that potential is limitless.
Right...no one bothers to ask "what potential," "potential to do *what*," etc..nevermind, though.
I believe this..grr..I'm having trouble putting this into words.
Maybe a question to sum it up.
What makes anyone better than a plant or an animal?

How can what we're doing(notice I didn't specify what "what" is) to the planet be considered "unnatural"?
Are we not part of nature?
What makes our skyscraper different from a beaver's dam?(or our dam vs. a beaver's lol)

Why is change so horrible? Alright, why is negative change so horrible?
Alright..what is negativity?

Negative to..*whom*? To *what*?

Why is "change" == "damage"?

Things die? They're killed by other things(us, in this case)? In that case, this "damaging change" is probably one of the greatest consistencies we have(death). lol

Anyway.

I hope it's obvious that I didn't jump into this thread to give facts or to take a side.

I just would like to see what kind of thinking is going on behind all of this.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

necrix, for the high priests of the "church of global warming" negative changes ARE good.....simply because they make loads of money that way.
imagine it would be officially announced "ok, there is no such thing as gloabl warming", all their "research institutes" would become useless...and of course they wouldn't get any more money from the governments.

that's why they fake data, some more obvious some less....the latest "oopsie!" was produced by the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change):
they always announced "55% of the Netherlands are below sea level", and that means "when the sea level rises 55% of the Netherlands will be under water". now they had to admit that it is simply wrong what they said, they corrected it with "55% of the Netherlands are endangered by floods".
(source: http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/6027 ... tml?p=37,1 )

always remember: the smaller the risk the more people are afraid of it, and the more catastrophic the scenario is the more people will believe in it. just ask people you know, I take any bet that most of them are more afraid from global warming than from getting AIDS or cancer.

sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Good job, you failed to realize that this thread is over a month old and re-opened it.

But, it's been going kind of slow around here lately, so let's see if you got the ball rolling again...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I am going to just say this:

I think that once someone takes a side on this issue there is no changing there opinion on it. I am sure that this debate will go on forever and we (the world) will always differ. Some think yes some think no. Its the only thing I can draw from this debate about Global Warming.

I say Global Warming is happening at its man made! Sorry if I piss anyone off its my thinking and I cant change for some reason.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Floodhound, you are not pissing me off. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Of course, that is what keeps life interesting on this planet called earth. Otherwise, Imagine a world with no diversities in culture, knowledge, norms, thoughts, beliefs, actions and etcetra.

It would be so boring. :lol:.

P.S. I do apologize for re-opening this old thread if it has caused you guys any inconvenience.

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I found this :
1. Humans are emitting large quantities of CO2. Empirical Fact.
Humans emit about 28 billion metric tons of CO2 per year, and more each year. This upsets the natural balance of the carbon cycle, and CO2 builds up in the air much like a bathtub filling faster than it can drain. We have observed atmospheric CO2 levels rising sharply in the post-industrial age (from 280ppm to about 380ppm).

2. CO2 traps heat in the atmosphere. Empirical Fact.
The physics of this has been known forever. Fourier hypothesized it in the 1820's, Tyndall recreated it in his lab in 1859, Arrhenius discovered the formula in 1896, and used it to calculate that a doubling of atmospheric CO2 would increase temperatures by 5-6 degrees Celsius. We are currently about 1/3rd of the way to doubling atmospheric CO2 levels, which is predicted to happen around 2100.

3. Anomalous warming has been observed. Empirical Fact.
Satellite measurements of the lower atmosphere, weather balloon measurements, independent surface temperature analysis by NASA GISS, NCDC and CRU, Ice core reconstructions, sea surface temperatures, ocean water temperatures and borehole reconstructions all show long-term warming trends. The top ten hottest years on record have all been in the last dozen years.
Thoughts?
Sprich mit mir!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Anomalous warming has been observed.
how long the weather data records reach back? 100 years, maybe 200? this is like labeling a whole decade "abnormal" because of 1 second.
and also a fact is that the vikings traveled to America before Columbus...what this has to do with "global warming"? well, they took a route in the very north, at that time it was free from ice as almost the whole north pole was....and this was surely not the fault of the humans.

the NASA data might really show values that are not 100% typical, but the actual result of the data analysis is still done by humans....and a member of the "church of global warming" will OF COURSE use it as "evidence" for his beliefs. just see what happens when scientists publish results that are not conform with the "global warming" hysteria: they are not taken serious, laughed at and accused of being helpers of the industry.
people tend to forget that "global warming" is also nothing but an industry with loads of money involved.... :wink: