spoofing IP and MAC

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
shan75
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

spoofing IP and MAC

Post by shan75 »

how can i spoofing my IP and MAC...?? i don't talk about the PROXY i want to spoof an IP that i want...

thanks

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, what is the intention behind it? are you in the same subnet as the IP you want to spoof?
the reason I ask is: spoofing is nothing that you can use for "privacy" purposes, because with a spoofed IP you can only send packets...not receiving the answers (those are sent to the IP you have spoofed), at least not if you aren't in the same subnet as the spoofed IP.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

To add to what bad_brain said. Think of it like when you write a letter, and instead of writing your own address as the return address on the letter, you write your neighbors address instead. The person receiving the letter would think that it was from your neighbor, so be logic the answer to the letter would then arrive at your neighbors address, instead of your own.

It's the same principle when "spoofing" and IP.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by nightkid »

proxies are easy to connect to, just google for a list of proxies from whatever country you want and mozilla has a proxy tab you put the info in and connect through it like that.
if you wanted to spoof though, couldnt you use your "neighbors" address and just play man in the middle to get the responses?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

nightkid wrote:if you wanted to spoof though, couldnt you use your "neighbors" address and just play man in the middle to get the responses?
I'm not sure about everyone else, but It'd have to be pretty important for me to MITM my neighbor over time waiting for whatever transaction it is you are waiting for... proxies for the most part are anonymous enough for my privacy needs... not sure why the question was asked though so maybe there is a reason absolute redirection is needed, but that answer is difficult to answer.

For example you can spoof a port scan through nmap, but it's not really very good for looking at web pages or sending email, just for port scanning from a different IP, likewise hping can spoof ip addys and macs which might be semi useful for dos if you're in to that sort of thing, but if you just want to search anonymously for pr0n... I'd say proxies are where you wanna stick, time resources to factor of anonymous they win out pound for pound IMO

With that in mind I guess my reply would be phrased, why do you need to spoof an IP and MAC, because for some very specific reasons it would be useful... but for the most part it wouldn't get you anywhere I don't think, and for those 'specific reasons' there would be a technique not necessarily applicable to others
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]