Script Kiddies

Our very own fight club!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well fellas,

Big-E, icedane, DNR you bring up great points.

I can say that this has been a twisting and turning thread.

I just think that ethics and morals have to be out of the equation because the laws and the culture does not exist yet - when it comes to new hacking. An example would be that you are looking into some technology and 10 years down the road it would be considered unethical. At the time you may have had no idea.

Like when people had slaves - at the time it was all good. Then it became unethical. Probably a bad example but thats what I am trying to say.

I can assure you its happening right now with Google. They have the vision to see but not knowing if its going to ethical.
Last edited by floodhound2 on 11 Jan 2010, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Nice statement to consider by IceDane
"This however, does not in any way, affect my decisions as a computer enthusiast. I do have the skills and the know how to make money on the internet illegally. Why don't I do it? Because my pride, honor and ethics don't let me take the easy way out. "

People try to say that they are not defined white/black hat, good or bad - or that there are no rules. But you see, you do have ethics - the pride, the honor, that prevents you from using your skills for criminal behavior.

It is not a law, it is not social sigma, it is not a cultural thing - it is your deep, personal self-rule when your sense of honor and dignity prevents you from crime. A man wants to be able to look himself in the eye when he looks in a mirror. A man does not want to see shame in the eyes of his peers and loved ones. Your honor, dignity, and respect has value in your life, the more you are aware of it, and control it - you'll gain more of it.
Can man live without dignity, respect, or honor - sure - but its not a blessed life..

Face it, without money, college degree, life experience, all you have is your character. People will vouch for you based on your known character, or they will convict you right away. Your actions and your thoughts - they define your character.

Now this topic was about Skiddies - you can make beginners learn to be aware and responsible for their actions online. Beginners could be different from skiddies as the beginner is more aware of honor and ethics in the digital realm of things. The skiddie, only interested in the cheap thrills of ego, fear, and petty crime - has no concept of ethics or respect on the 'net.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

DNR wrote: The old generation, there was value in your character. People used to be able to trust a person on their word - I guess I don't expect the new generation to understand what they might have never experienced. People used to have respect for other people, because of that person's character.
DNR
You are getting old, old man !! :mrgreen:

But do consider this. Taking up the slave point floodie picked up, when they had slaves it seemed right to most people if not all. But it sure didn't seem right to us the slaves did it now ? So what was right for the whites was wrong for us. The same can be said on other events too. For instance A thief steal money from you. You are furious. You call the cops, curse him in your mind a thousand times. But the guy needs the money. That's all he knows how to do. People need to eat. It's wrong from your POV and way of life from his.

You are science guy aren't you ? Tell me when a definition varies for every person and every action can it be considered as a conclusive ? So then can the definition of right and wrong be conclusive ?

Too much serious stuff. Let's just say skiddies are those people what are more interested in the result , rather than how it came to be. While people like B_B, DNR, Floodie are greedy enough to want the knowledge of both :mrgreen: .

And about the black hat and the wallet analogy. I was under the impression that the black hats are the ones who meticulously wait for you to drop the wallet and may even create circumstances for you do drop in their convenience. Where white hats will probably do the almost the same but will alert you that you are about to drop it or dropped and then make fun of you !! :D

It's all about content in my POV. But that's just me !! You guys know how I am !

DrV

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Welcome back DrV :wink:

Well, it can be hard sometimes to separate opinion - opinion based on life experience or POV - from facts.

You lose your wallet - you really would want someone to return it - regardless if the person who finds it might need it more than you.
You know it would be wrong to take the money - regardless if the person who dropped it was a dumbass or not.

What some opinions are, were rationalizations for circumstances. Life is nothing but circumstances. You can plan for a career or a house, but circumstances will decide what really happens.

When I talked about being flexible to adapt to circumstances, it did not mean rationalizing exceptions to ethical behavior. It is possible to deal with confrontation, situations, and choices - without having to compromise on your core values.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.