Aliens, yes or no?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I agree that the universe is expanding: Red Shift shows this. I just disagree that the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light even after I found this:
While special relativity constrains objects in the universe from moving faster than the speed of light with respect to each other, there is no such theoretical constraint when space itself is expanding. It is thus possible for two very distant objects to be moving away from each other at a speed greater than the speed of light (meaning that one cannot be observed from the other). The size of the observable universe could thus be smaller than the entire universe.
:wink:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

I find it interesting that you bring up a quote that goes against your last post, very noble of you :lol: . Just kidding, but purely out of curiosity, where did you quote this from?
Share what I know, Learn What I dont.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

floody said:
I would think that the life form does not necessarily have to be intelligent. In fact I believe that we are the most intelligent beings in the present universe. I base this on the exponential growth of our evolving species. Look back at the evolution of man and our current technology growth. If there was a being in space then they would be so advanced technology wise that they would go un noticed. Unless we are being kept intentionally in the dark.
i cannot believe it! there is actually someone here on earth who believes in the same theory that i do! that we humans would probably be the most intelligent! everytime i tell this simple theory to everyone they all disagree and they laugh at me.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Pong18 wrote: i cannot believe it! there is actually someone here on earth who believes in the same theory that i do! that we humans would probably be the most intelligent! everytime i tell this simple theory to everyone they all disagree and they laugh at me.
Of course it's possible, but no possible way to prove it, yet, ergo every theory could be right and wrong.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

The reason I believe that we are the most intelligent beings in the universe is that technologies grows exponential and with technology comes energy. Our progress was slow a hundred thousand years ago, but now its increasing at a increasing rate of increase.

With technology comes energy consumption, agreed? Thus said if we humans are around in another 1,000 years imagine the energy we would devour. Now imagine after a million years "if" we are still around we would have to be cultivating stars and planets just to consume energy and keep up with technology. This would be difficult to hide in the seemingly vast universe. All the starts look the same except the human ones - all machine like (as technology resembles). Perhaps flicking on and off as transistors do.

If aliens were more advanced then they would be so advanced that we would notice them, but I feel we are the most advanced and soon they will notice us.

This is all just a theory so please don't kill me before you do the math and the logical digestion needed.
Last edited by floodhound2 on 09 Jan 2010, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

With technology comes energy consumption, agreed? Thus said if we humans are around in another 1,000 years imagine the energy we would devour. Now imagine after a million years "if" we are still around we would have to be cultivating stars and planets just to consume energy and keep up with technology.

Right - that is a very technical statement, and if you are smart enough to understand what that means, you might be depressed.

The scale of technology vs energy consumption (energy requires resources) is very important as world population reaches critical levels, and resources like oil, and water becomes depleted. You hope that one day technology would find the solution to providing energy without consuming valuable resources - before you run out of resources.

There is a such thing as a point of no return in this process.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

just to give a small light in to the darkness of things, but I think humanity will find a way to utilize energy from nothingness or dark matter or some small substance that can give the same amount of energy as harvesting power of suns.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

n3rd wrote:just to give a small light in to the darkness of things, but I think humanity will find a way to utilize energy from nothingness or dark matter or some small substance that can give the same amount of energy as harvesting power of suns.
That would be great but I think that all the energy in the universe has been created and can not be destroyed. It can only change forms.

As a side note isn't dark matter the moon, earth and any other object that absorbs light? Looks like I need to google the subject.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Actually that is a fact, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Ive been reading some of your posts and some got me thinking a bit outside the box. I always thought that the more humans know, the faster they develope, no one can deny that. And even though thats a good thing, I am a strong supporter of the theory of global warming, although I cant believe it is still theory. But anyway, at the rate humans are developing, I would be surprised if they wont destroy themselves in another while. We are in more than one way destroying ourselves. And I dont think many of you are thinking about this the right way. How can we tell that other life out there develops in the same way we do. How can we say that other life forms out there are even remotly the same to our society and behave even remotly in the same way we do.

And with that I conclude that we cannot conclude on anything about anything to do with other life forms :lol: . But in all seriousness, other life forms out there could be invisible and can walk on the sun without vaporizing for all we know, we cannot even begin to guess what they are like, even of something does excist out there in the first place...

I dont believe we will ever know, by the time we advance enough to even search for life in other places of our galaxy ( I established we cannot in other places in our universe) we will be so far into our destruction of our planet, I dont believe we will be focusing on science any longer, but on trying to survive. Sorry to be all doom and gloom, but its just a thought :D

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

waringers,

I agree with you 100% but...

...disagree just to dispute, keeping my mind in a consistent distort.

I imagine that Global warming is happening but man causing it? I am not of liberty to fully place my seal of approval on that theory as of yet. Truthfully I have not collected significant data to draw my own conclusions. Logically it seems fact but, for argumentative purposes, this is all information that is told from media outlets. These outlets are ran form political organizations that pay scientists.

Aliens could be microscopic, radio wave entities, Liquid, any form of collected energy. Perhaps we may never know.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Well, Im not saying that the world is going to end and we're all going to die, just that by the time we get advanced enough to try to look for life outside of our own solar system, earth wont be the same, and we wont think about these things in the same way :?

DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

Very interesting discussion. Nice read. I think I will quote from Eddie Izzard (yeah, the cross dressing comedian) on the topic.
We got the most boring Solar System we ever heard of. And I've never heard of any !!
Not one fuckin moster has turned up in the history of looking has it ? I mean we have been ready for monsters. We have been waiting for them for so long !!! Not even a squirrel with a flute has turned up !!
:mrgreen:

On a more serious note. I think (it's just me I'm sure) while looking for life, what counts most is the definition of life. I mean we are looking for creatures that might or might not look like us, but they will inhabit a planet, form some kind of a society which will be divided between a ruling class and a ruled class just like ours ! Isn't that a bit too weird ??

I am not very knowledgeable with science part obviously floddie and waringers know much more, but isn't it possible that life outside our planet could be just like the end of MIB movies or Horton ? Maybe we aren't as big as we think we are. I mean I bet when worker bees go out to collect honey, to them it appears as if they are going on a space mission. Or ants, when they build those unbelievable structures, to them it might feel like creating a whole city. Not to us though right ?

Isn't it possible what we too are in some way much lesser creature than we would imagine ? Maybe that's a possibility. If not then, well it sure did tingle my imagination !

DrV