HAARP Weapon of mass destruction

Our very own fight club!
Insection
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

HAARP Weapon of mass destruction

Post by Insection »

High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP)

Wiki:
The HAARP project became the subject of controversy in the mid-1990s, following claims that the antennas could be used as a weapon. In August 2002, a critical mention of HAARP technology came from the State Duma (parliament) of Russia. The Duma issued a press release on the HAARP written by the international affairs and defense committees, signed by 90 deputies and presented to then President Vladimir Putin. The statement claimed:

The U.S. is creating new integral geophysical weapons that may influence the near-Earth medium with high-frequency radio waves ... The significance of this qualitative leap could be compared to the transition from cold steel to firearms, or from conventional weapons to nuclear weapons. This new type of weapons differs from previous types in that the near-Earth medium becomes at once an object of direct influence and its component.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-7HroPe ... re=related

It has the capability to control mindstate (moods) by sending frequencies similar to brain frequencies.

Cause massive earthquakes using low frequencies on the earth. (Scientifically Possible)

Totally alter weather. (could cause global catastrophe if used improperly)

Split the planet in two (Debatable by scientists)

Lift the ionosphere

Create artificial lighting 100 times more powerful than normal lightning.

Cause cancer (alter biological DNA) from radiation

Venezuelan president: US tectonic weapon caused Haiti quake
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/01/22/ve ... ident.html
President Chavez said the US was "playing God" by testing devices capable of creating eco-type catastrophes, the Spanish newspaper ABC quoted him as saying.

What do you think? Should we be scared?

DrVirus

Re: HAARP Weapon of mass destruction

Post by DrVirus »

Insection wrote: It has the capability to control mindstate (moods) by sending frequencies similar to brain frequencies.
That explains my chronic depressions !!
Insection wrote:
Create artificial lighting 100 times more powerful than normal lightning.
I always wanted to picture a very powerful lightning.
Insection wrote: (alter biological DNA) from radiation
Think it can transform me into gambit ?? I'll have the hair done on my own though !
Insection wrote: What do you think? Should we be scared?
If they have such a weapon do you think being scared will help ? If yes then sure ! You can hire me to me scared.

(Just light hearted comments Insection. Don't take'em other wise :D )

DrV

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Hmm I'd say we should be as scared of it as we are scared of nuclear bombs and similar weaponry. Most technologies can be used for both good and evil. Since most new technologies start out as military research, the initial uses for it sucks. However, once it's been developed, it can be used for a lot of other things as well.

I'd like to have a small motivation-beacon in my room ;)