Video Capturing Hardware

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
svyatko
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Video Capturing Hardware

Post by svyatko »

Hello,

I am looking into maybe buying some hardware so I can record video game plays. I tried using some software but that just lags up games like modern warfare 2. I know for xbox 360 there are capture cards, but will it work for recording pc game play?

My video card is Nvidia GeForce 9800 gtx+

I'm not sure what other info is needed.
I'm also not sure if it is even possible, so please do tell. :lol:

Thanks for Reading.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

How do you mean capture it in PC? Like watching everything that was going on on a computer screen or something like a video camera and capture the monitor too?

If it's the first one then there are software programs that you could use for that kind of capturing. Fraps is a nice program for that:

Code: Select all

http://www.fraps.com/

svyatko
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by svyatko »

Fraps lags when I try to record games, and I can't play with lag because it frustrates me. :lol:

Basically what I mean is maybe there is a way to connect a cable to one of my video card ports, and than that cable to like a hardrive? or something like that, and press a button and it would record my screen.

Or something similar.
Hope that explains it.

Thanks.

Alien1
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Alien1 »

I use VH Screen Capture Driver, not sure if it will work, but its worth a shot since it is free.

http://www.splitmedialabs.com/vh-video-sdk/vh-screen-capture

z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

well, that also depends upon ur PC config.
U must hv recommended config or above to record with any soft without lag.
I tried this 2-3 years ago with POP WW.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, hardware capturing should be possible with any regular TV capturing card, all you need is a g-card with 2 video outputs so you can connect 1 with the capturing card....but you shouldn't get the cheapest one, because advanced cards have their own processor so they only need some system RAM, while cheap cards often use the system CPU which can can cause lags again... :wink:

svyatko
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by svyatko »

Hey

Bad_Brain do you mean something like this one?

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/
So let me see if I understand this, I would plug in the capture card into the motherboard, than connect an hdmi cable from my video card to the capture card, and then the capture card will save the video from my video card to my hard drive, just without any lag?

Thanks.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, something like that! :)
and yes, you would connect an output of the g-card with an input of the capture card...if there is REALLY completely no lag I can not guarantee, but as long as you have a decent system (with enough RAM, the more the better!) it should be ok... :-k

svyatko
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by svyatko »

Hi,

Well I looked through some posts in which other people asked the same question and the answers were mixed, some say it will work, some say it won't, and some say it will be laggy also. So I think I will leave that idea because I don't want to spend money on something that might or might not work.

But, I still want to make some videos. :)

So, My first question would be, what do I need to add to make my recording with software smoother, more ram? Another graphics card? Currently I have 4 gigs of ram.

I've been able to record mw2 games without lag by reducing the game graphics all to low. I am also using xfire to record my games (at 60 fps).
There is one problem though, when I record at 60 fps, in the video, some parts of the game are slow motion and other parts are at a normal speed. I am wondering why is this so, and how would i fix it?

Thanks for Reading

edit: Records fine at 100 fps, without any slow motion