thanks for embarrassing every german!

Our very own fight club!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

thanks for embarrassing every german!

Post by bad_brain »

one of our "beloved and highly respected" politicians got a post in the also "beloved and highly respected" European Parlament.
the same politician says that "english will be the working language!" and that "everyone, no matter if it's just a simple worker, have to be able to speak and understand english" (that's what he says in first part of the clip).

so have fun with his first speech in english:

#-o
Last edited by bad_brain on 30 Jan 2010, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

that's pretty bad...

You understand English very well... ever thought about going into German politics XD
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, already checking the classifieds in the newspapers, but it seems jobs as emperor are rare.. :lol:

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I support the idea, BB knows how much I suck at german hahahahaH
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Dltr
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Dltr »

n3rd wrote
I support the idea, BB knows how much I suck at german hahahahaH
LoL :D

@Bad_Brain ,So what do you think BB ! Advance your Opinion that "everyone, no matter if it's just a simple worker, have to be able to speak and understand english" ?

Thank You
Dltr

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

why should a worker that has no contact to customers (not even german ones) be able to speak english? so imo it's nothing but the usual pointless globalization-fetishism...and why english? more people out there that talk chinese or hindi than english, so shouldn't those languages be learned too?

but ok, people in a representative position should of course be able to at least speak english, but if you can even become the german representative in the EU parliament with the english skills of elementary school dropout (also german foreign minister, his english skills are on the same level): no need to... :lol:

Dltr

Post by Dltr »

why should a worker that has no contact to customers (not even german ones) be able to speak english? so imo it's nothing but the usual pointless globalization-fetishism...and why english? more people out there that talk chinese or hindi than english, so shouldn't those languages be learned too?
Yeah That's really what i want to hear from You , I mean The Situation in France is worse than in Germany , But in France alot of People are able to speak English(namely very good English) but no one want to speak English,so why should a worker with no Contact to Customers be able to speak English !
but ok, people in a representative position should of course be able to at least speak english, but if you can even become the german representative in the EU parliament with the english skills of elementary school dropout (also german foreign minister, his english skills are on the same level): no need to...
In same Level Indeed

Thank You
Dltr

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Honestly, his English is not all that bad and I found the stopping and clipping of the video to be more annoying. I have had professors at University with worse off English than his. No joke. However, he probably still has some reading comprehension issues, and he shouldn't go around as a pot calling the kettle black.

Dltr

Post by Dltr »

Big-E wrote

Honestly, his English is not all that bad and I found the stopping and clipping of the video to be more annoying. I have had professors at University with worse off English than his. No joke. However, he probably still has some reading comprehension issues, and he shouldn't go around as a pot calling the kettle black.
Well , I think you are right Big-E ,But the Problem is that he is calling for English Qualifications for All kind of Strata of the population in Germany even For a Simple Worker ,So I mean .. What are his Reasonings if (As you mentioned)he probably still has some reading comprehension issues!
most notably as "beloved and highly respected" politicians !

Günther Oettinger He has been Prime Minister of the state of Baden-Württemberg since 2005, and was chairman of the CDU Baden-Württemberg (2005-2009).He was designated German European Commissioner in the new European Commission on October 24, 2009, replacing Günter Verheugen and is affiliated with the European People's Party.

Thank You
Dltr

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well biggie, the thing: he is supposed to represent a whole country, and his whole life he did nothing else but becoming/being a politician....and I really wonder how you can get that far with such an awful english.
how should he able to represent the interests of germany in discussions with other parliament members when he's not even able to express himself?

but well, this only proves that the european parliament (the EU is called EUSSR by people like me here btw, and even Putin said that it's a lot like the USSR) is nothing but a bad joke where completely incompetent (more than the average I mean) politicians are disposed. no wonder that everything that comes from there is complete bullshit, the classic example is a law where the angle a banana needs to have is defined in order to be called a banana, bananas that don't have that angle must be thrown away and it's not allowed to sell them (no joke).

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

well I think this vedio fits here well, its a song by Rammstein:
Rammstein-Amerika
It perfectly shows the globalization that every one talks about.
I am an American citizen ( born in the U.S., living abroad), and I'm personally against this globalization "Amerikanization"
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

Dltr

Post by Dltr »

well biggie, the thing: he is supposed to represent a whole country, and his whole life he did nothing else but becoming/being a politician....and I really wonder how you can get that far with such an awful english.
how should he able to represent the interests of germany in discussions with other parliament members when he's not even able to express himself?
Thats right ^^

Thank You
Dltr

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, the kind of globalization in the EU can't really compared with "the american way of life" moudy.... :-k
in the USA there are states that are larger than whole countries in europe, and even if the states in the USA are NOT own countries they have some kind of indepencence (every state can have own laws for example, just look at the death sentence). what happens in europe is more USSR-style where every country has to obey the laws made by a central authority far away.
and what happens sooner or later in such forced unions has been shown by history often enough already, for example in the former USSR and in former Yugoslavia.

most people don't know it, but the "european government" (I use the quotation marks because I don't accept it as government) has already established special forces, their job is to put down riots that are expected for the future (http://www.eurogendfor.eu/).

and hey, wasn't europe known to be very civilized? no death penalties for example? bad news: we have death penalties again in europe. of course nobody of our beloved politicians announced "ok, we have death penalties again!", they tricked us by adding a little clause in the EU-contract of Lisbon, it says that it's allowed to kill people "in order to put down riots and in times of war of near war". so, if people protest on the streets and say "fuck the EU, we don't want it!" it surely could easily be labeled a "riot" and the protesters can be shot legally.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

I was more trying to tackle the issue of life style rather than the politics, but yeah I assume you b_b know more than most of us here (including me) about the EU and its laws, so I couldn't but agree with you on what's said in the above post.
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com