Windows xp - securing pc against viruses and port awarene.

Problems? Post here...
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

If you are really concerned about security than drop XP and go instead for windows 7. I say that because XP is no longer supported> http://itcomputersupportnewyork.com/ITC ... microsoft/
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

crashacid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by crashacid »

WTH!!!! :x
Last edited by crashacid on 27 Jun 2010, 10:02, edited 2 times in total.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

who cares, my last XP patch is from 2004.... :lol:
with a little bit of customization like disabling unneeded services, a good firewall/AV and a halfway careful online behavior it's no problem at all...I can't even remember the last malware infection, must been years ago.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

bad_brain wrote:who cares, my last XP patch is from 2004.... :lol:
with a little bit of customization like disabling unneeded services, a good firewall/AV and a halfway careful online behavior it's no problem at all...I can't even remember the last malware infection, must been years ago.
i agree with b_b. windows xp is still the most compatible OS of all and the most customizable and most user friendly. the only thing is if you do not know what you're doing with xp you'll end up sucking up all the viruses, worms, and trojan out there. i like windows 7 but there's a hell of compatibility issues for it and although UAC is a good idea it kinda effing annoys me (i know i am not the only one annoyed) that's why i always tweak it to never notify. vista was a mess (being a too paranoid OS) a lot 1722 errors on many softwares and shit like that. that's why for me its still xp for the windows platform.

hpprinter100

Post by hpprinter100 »

Great link Pong18 :D

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

hpprinter100 wrote:Great link Pong18 :D
thanks for appreciating dude! hehe that's the page where i confirmed and decided to apply all the theories i have in mind about xp way back when i still do not know how to tinker with xp.